All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 25-04-2011, 08:22 AM

jah is on a distinguished road
Great Music Player - E7

I am really impressed with the UI of the music player and the sound reproduction. I like reggae and the E7 is very good at reproducing the lower frequencies. I think only one reviewer has highlighted this great feature of the E7. What do you guys think?

Old 25-04-2011, 10:03 PM

inansanny is on a distinguished road
re:

+1

Old 26-04-2011, 09:15 AM

Pawlee is on a distinguished road
cant say for the E7 but I assume it's the same tech as in the N8, and within having my N8 for a day I was already really impressed

similarly to your case I listen to a lot of drum and bass / jungle music which as reggae uses a lot of low frequencies for sub basses as such and in one particular tune I could hear the bass through a section where everything cuts out and it's really really low frequencies… on everything else I had heard that on it is just silent - it was only until I saw the wav form of said tune on Soundcloud that I realised there was actually still sound there, I just had never heard it through to lack of quality hardware

Old 27-04-2011, 12:02 PM

torrentblock is on a distinguished road
GSM arena's scores give a +0.5 bass boost around the sub bass mark. personally, i'd rather have it completely flat like on the iPhone... if a producer wanted to boost in that range they would.

at the end of the day, the headphones you use (or the stereo you put it through) will have a far more drastic effect on sound quality and the difference between the iPhone's output and E7/C7/N8 will be imperceptible on your average hifi/high street headphones.

on a pair of HD25sp's i'd take the pepsi challenge though, but again, if you're listening to mp3's, what's the point in taking sound quality so seriously?

Apple's strategy continues to vex me with the new "hd audio" for sale as if finally selling things at CD quality is some kind of massive achievement/innovation...

Old 29-04-2011, 06:14 PM

jah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by torrentblock View Post
GSM arena's scores give a +0.5 bass boost around the sub bass mark. personally, i'd rather have it completely flat like on the iPhone... if a producer wanted to boost in that range they would.

at the end of the day, the headphones you use (or the stereo you put it through) will have a far more drastic effect on sound quality and the difference between the iPhone's output and E7/C7/N8 will be imperceptible on your average hifi/high street headphones.

on a pair of HD25sp's i'd take the pepsi challenge though, but again, if you're listening to mp3's, what's the point in taking sound quality so seriously?

Apple's strategy continues to vex me with the new "hd audio" for sale as if finally selling things at CD quality is some kind of massive achievement/innovation...
Thank you for the explanation for the bass. But amount of bass is one thing and well controlled presentation is another. Also, like many other peeps here, I have many other Smartphones and the E7, with the same quality headphones and same high sample rate MP3s, the E7 sounds better. Accepted, not close to the quality of CDs though. But still a worthwhile portable music solution and very satisfying, especially for me as I really like my reggae.
Ads