All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-11-2007, 12:38 PM

adb is on a distinguished road
stream bbc radio with real player?

Hi,

I'm having real problems streaming bbc radio with real player?

I have saved the streams to the memory card and tried to open them with RP but everytime I try to stream them over my home wifi network, it keeps saying:

"disconnected. Try connecting again"

Could it be something to do with my wifi router, I have checked the settings and it has npnp enabled.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Old 08-11-2007, 05:07 PM

birdman5 is on a distinguished road
I had the same problem, and solved it by ensuring that Real Player connected via WLAN:

Real Player > Options > Settings > Connection > Network > Default Access Point

and that the port numbers (6970, 7170) were added the router's 'Port Forwarding' or 'Virtual Servers' list.

Basically this means that the Real Player stream is directed to your Phone and not your computer. You will have to know the phone's IP address for this to work. I found this by looking at the IP list on the router, and then connecting my phone, and noting the new IP address that was listed.

Hope this helps!

Old 08-11-2007, 05:58 PM

adb is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman5 View Post
I had the same problem, and solved it by ensuring that Real Player connected via WLAN:

Real Player > Options > Settings > Connection > Network > Default Access Point

and that the port numbers (6970, 7170) were added the router's 'Port Forwarding' or 'Virtual Servers' list.

Basically this means that the Real Player stream is directed to your Phone and not your computer. You will have to know the phone's IP address for this to work. I found this by looking at the IP list on the router, and then connecting my phone, and noting the new IP address that was listed.

Hope this helps!
thanks for the reply, i added the ports forwarding for my phones ip in the router settings but it didn't make any difference.

Is their anything else to try?

Old 12-11-2007, 09:15 PM

mannisingh is on a distinguished road
I used to have the same problem. What you need to do is access your router software on a PC and assign your N80 to be placed outside the demilatirised zone (DMZ). You will probably find this option somewhere in your router setup.
Ads

Old 10-01-2009, 01:36 PM

jukoo_uk is on a distinguished road
bbc radio

hello, to listen to bbc radio, i would suggest using the site "bbcradio.mobi"
this site is much easier to use than any other one, and it has a full list of bbc radio channels that can be streamed from an iphone, mobile, or pc. This site has all bbc radio channels, in both real player, and windows media player streams.

Old 29-01-2009, 04:19 PM

buglawton is on a distinguished road
I tried bbcradio.mobi on an N78 which has Realplayer installed. Click on a BBC radio station link and Realplayer launches. I then get a nice audio message saying that this station is not available. Tested the same in a Laptop web browser - same result. Looks like these link have been discontinued by the BBC. Note: In both cases I used a WLAN.

Old 25-02-2009, 07:32 PM

buglawton is on a distinguished road
FIxed - just use the Beebotron Lite site for the links to Live or Listen Again BBC. Also I installed the latest Nokia PC Suite, you would not expect this to change the phone but I did notice it installed or updated several components on the N78... and various things that did not work before now do.