All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > S60 (Series 60) > Nokia N95 and N95 8GB

Old 16-12-2007, 07:32 PM

alansmithy is on a distinguished road
Moved Posts from 'RotateMe Final...' thread RE signing.

I have to say this whole symbian signing process is nuts. As a Mac user, I can't run the self-signing tool... I thought the setting in app manager was supposed to allow you to turn off the certificate thingy? Why should it be necessary to poke about with files to get them installed. I trust Samir, why should symbian prevent me from installing his app, surely it's my responsibility? Grr....

Old 16-12-2007, 07:39 PM

bigbadnewill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansmithy View Post
I have to say this whole symbian signing process is nuts. As a Mac user, I can't run the self-signing tool... I thought the setting in app manager was supposed to allow you to turn off the certificate thingy? Why should it be necessary to poke about with files to get them installed. I trust Samir, why should symbian prevent me from installing his app, surely it's my responsibility? Grr....
I agree mate, i can't fully see the logic of it. If they made the process a whole lot simpler it would be fine, but it does seem un-neccessarily long winded!

And i feel your pain about being a mac user, luckily i use both

Old 16-12-2007, 07:40 PM

Orpheus1120 is on a distinguished road
I'm a Mac user myself, just so happen to have a windows laptop laying around. I agree this signing thingy is nuts, but how else can we go about this?

Anyway, I stumble onto my first problem while registering an account in symbian signed. It seems my country's (Malaysia) email domain server is not supported. I've sent an email requesting for an account, and I don't have a good feeling about it.

Do they actually reply to your email anyway?

Old 16-12-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadnewill View Post
I agree mate, i can't fully see the logic of it. If they made the process a whole lot simpler it would be fine, but it does seem un-neccessarily long winded!

And i feel your pain about being a mac user, luckily i use both
Oh bigbadnewill, be a good spot and help me get a copy signed. I can PM you my IMEI number.

A good deed always go noted.

Old 16-12-2007, 08:13 PM

Biggzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus1120 View Post
Oh bigbadnewill, be a good spot and help me get a copy signed. I can PM you my IMEI number.

A good deed always go noted.
we can sign apps on the phone now with sissign app, we only need pc to request the cert from symbiansigned, i can make certs and email you the sissign app, ur cert and the sultan key so u can sign it directly on ur fone

It's not technology, it's what you do with it.

Old 16-12-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
we can sign apps on the phone now with sissign app, we only need pc to request the cert from symbiansigned, i can make certs and email you the sissign app, ur cert and the sultan key so u can sign it directly on ur fone
PM'd.

Old 16-12-2007, 08:21 PM

Badgerman is on a distinguished road
PM'd also.

Think you may get a few...

Old 16-12-2007, 09:17 PM

hi all, ill sign ur apps within the next few hours
also if u PM me can u include ur IMEI and email address, thanx

Last edited by Biggzy; 16-12-2007 at 09:30 PM.

Old 16-12-2007, 09:22 PM

bigbadnewill is on a distinguished road
Yeah, i'll leave the signing stuff to Biggzy, i'm capable of doing my own, but it'd probably take me a fair old while to sign others, and i just don't have the time for that at the moment

Still loving the app, just gotta figure out my best setting though.

Old 16-12-2007, 10:40 PM

D4n958GB is on a distinguished road
Thanks again Biggzy

Old 16-12-2007, 11:10 PM

jinx405 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm a Mac user myself, just so happen to have a windows laptop laying around. I agree this signing thingy is nuts, but how else can we go about this?

Anyway, I stumble onto my first problem while registering an account in symbian signed. It seems my country's (Malaysia) email domain server is not supported. I've sent an email requesting for an account, and I don't have a good feeling about it.

Do they actually reply to your email anyway?
Hi orpheus.. youíre from malaysia as well eh?? Haha Iím lucky my work email address was accepted by symbian signed, otherwise Iíll be pulling my hair out! And Iím gussing you have your rotateme signed with bigzyís help?

I agree, it is quite a tedious process, but once you have your cert file and the autosign.bat file, youíre pretty much all set with signing any apps that you download for yourself let us know if you need any additional help!

Old 16-12-2007, 11:21 PM

Yup from Malaysia.

No problem with the signing procedures itself. That's the easy part. It's just that my freaking streamyx account is not accepted for registration, and therefore I can't get the certificate. I don't know of any other private account that's why.

I sign the app using PC Easysign by Poshu. Great lil program it is. Now with the cert I receive from bigzy, I should have no problem signing any apps for a while!

Old 16-12-2007, 11:24 PM

once you have got your certificate its easy, just download the mobile signer, no need for pc .... http://www.savefile.com/files/1269135
the sultan.key iv put in this zip file has a password 0123456, if ur cert was made with a diff key u MUST use ur .key, all tools are included + instructions file, enjoy

Last edited by Biggzy; 17-12-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Ads

Old 16-12-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
once you have got your certificate its easy, just download the mobile signer, no need for pc .... http://www.savefile.com/files/1269053
the sultan.key iv put in this zip file has a password 0123456, if ur cert was made with a diff key u MUST use ur .key, all tools are included + instructions file, enjoy
+1 on what's highlighted in blue.

Since I'm using your cert, the key is no longer important to me anyway.. for now. The key will be important to me only when the cert expires, when I need to request a new cert . Am I right?

Old 16-12-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
+1 on what's highlighted in blue.

Since I'm using your cert, the key is no longer important to me anyway.. for now. The key will be important to me only when the cert expires, when I need to request a new cert . Am I right?
yes but the new certs from symbiansigned last for 3 years now not 6 month, but if u change ur phone then yes, ull need a new cert