All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Nokia E5 Gallery

To kick-off our coverage of Nokia's new budget QWERTY slate smartphone, the Nokia E5-00, we have our usual gallery, with commentary, showing off some of the key hardware features. In summary? The E5 has rock solid build quality, good design and a decent hardware specification, but there's are some budget-linked constraints to note. All-in-all though, it is an attractive entry into the mid tier smartphone market.

Read on in the full article.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

e5

Nokia are nowdays producing better value "E" series mobile than there "N" series ones,the Fascia look alot better an better materials used on these models,an with the rumoured E7 on the way ,that looks like the N8 body with the Querty keypad on it,an loads of people seem to be buying the E series mobiles,thats until the N8 is released

Old 03-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

E5 vs. C6

Hi AAS,

I was wondering if you can compare the new E5 with the new C6. Especially in the term of SPEED... because the qVGA E5 got 600MHz CPU, compared to the 434MHz cpu on nHD. So, I was wondering how the speed compared between these devices.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Jacek

It's a pity.

I want to upgrade my trusty E71. I really do. But I want my new phone to have at least as good screen legibility in sunlight, as small form factor, as good build quality, as comfortable d-pad, as convenient microSD card access, as capacious battery, as good macro shots, etc. I don't want to exchange those features for improvements in some other departments, which I obviously appreciate. So, after E72, this phone is another letdown for me. And I really feel that I've been waiting too long for a true upgrade.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Unregistered

Cool Nokia weirdness

I believe what nokia trying to do were to make the 434MHz nHD symbian^1 & symbian^3 devices to be 2 different class.

So it should be like
..................... Non touch......... touch screen
Low End......... S30..................... S40 Touch & Type
Mid End......... S40..................... S^1 (434MHz)
High End ...... S60v3 600Mhz.... S^3 (720MHz)

But, nevertheless... this is a very awkward / confusing decision for several of their user.

That's why I ask AAS to compare the speed of 600MHz qVGA compare to 434MHz nHD.
Ads

Old 04-09-2010, 08:47 AM

morpheus2702 is on a distinguished road
Qwerty slate?

Old 05-09-2010, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

BB's are better than my e72 in 3 areas. 1) bb chat features 2) screen resolution 3) Trackpad.
Now how hard would it be for Nokia to make a good screen resolution and great trackpad QWERTY device? Any Nokia non-touch screen replacement phone for my e72?
p.s. my wife's bb bold gets a 2 days of battery juice.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:54 AM
Unregistered

About the nokia mobile phone

I think the best phone for you would be the NokiaE5. It is a very stylish phone and you can choose from a variety of colours, has an excellent loudspeaker and call quality,Below I'll send you a link so you can see for yourself what it looks like. Trust me, that is the way to go.
leanspa

Old 01-11-2010, 04:45 PM

comfis is on a distinguished road
I am not sure but to my humble opinion Nokia E5 is the most stylish cellphone available!

Acai Max Cleanse