All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 25-06-2010, 07:01 PM

Alans27 is on a distinguished road
Did I read right that somebody took their N86 into a Nokia Care centre and they say this latest version 30 firmware is still not stable?

I have to say, I think that is simply not good enough. How long has this phone been out for now? A year isn't it? So this phone has been on the market for a whole twelve months and yet still Nokia cannot make them work properly!

I'm on my third one of these now, the last one went back because the camera could not take a clear photo. This one I have now was just as bad when I got it so I took it into Nokia care and they did manage to get it working. But now six months later and the camera is playing up again with dark condition photos being very out of focus and fuzzy!

That's not the only problem i've had with this phone, in it's early days it was next to useless! To be fair version 20 firmware did fix a few things, but in my opinion this does not save Nokias bacon! Why? Because when you buy a new phone you should not have to wait twelve months for everything to work, it should work straight away and there is not excuse for it not working straight away because Nokia should have tested it thoroughly first. The fact they didn't tells me they don't really care that much about the customer and so this N86 which is the fifth Nokia phone i've owned, will be the last.

Old 26-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Very strange. Maybe I've been lucky, but my N86 has been rock solid, v30 firmware is a dream and photos come out beautifully, lack-of-Xenon notwithstanding....

Old 29-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Question

Can anyone tell me what's happening with the N86?

Is it going to be dumped in favour of the N8? Are there any upcoming FW updates on the horizon this year? Is it going to receive a new FW update beyond v30?

Worryingly i'm hearing a lot of rumours that it's going to be discontinued! Is this true?

Steve/Rafe - do you have any news on this?

Damian Dinning - i know you're busy working on the N8 my friend but could you let us know where we N86 users stand at the moment?

As a proud N86 user i would be gutted to hear if this is the end of the road for the N86 8MP.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Bump!

Old 20-07-2010, 09:29 AM

djmuzi is on a distinguished road
still no v30 Update for me... damn product code ...

Problem solved.

Last edited by djmuzi; 20-07-2010 at 12:42 PM.

Old 27-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

I still get no update, but I bought full price in London Regent Street.

Also, even when I try and buy maps online it says service "not available in your country"

Did the previous poster get his problem solved by something like I had to do with my old N95?

Thanks

Old 09-08-2010, 05:51 AM
Unregistered

North America software sucks

So choked that my N86 is going to remain slow and not have nice things because I am stuck with the 2.0115 version. Grr. Is there a way for me to get the new 3.0? I have noticed it getting slower and ovi maps is always trying to charge me.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 AM

kaif ali is on a distinguished road
N86 has been improved performance wise with v30, quicker, no lagging, and more RAM and Phone Memory optimization..

Old 12-09-2010, 03:00 PM

KnY is on a distinguished road
Reheat

Anyone encounter problem with their N86 heated after using camera?

This problem has become more frequent after I upgraded to v30. How to solve this? Normally I just restart the mobile phone.

Thanks for helping...