All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-08-2007, 03:43 PM

absoluteego is on a distinguished road
Non Existing Headset/enhancement problem.

So, my one big problem with the Nokia n80, is the slider, which doesnt lock so when it is in my bag, it tends to open up and go to music player or other things.

Well, this time it has gone and activated enhancement for headset. I tried disableing it in settings - phone - ehancements but I get only three options headset, text phone and some other. Ive also lost sound due to this. I am able to make and recieve calls, it vibrates but I can not hear anything.

Ive tried resetting my phone twice, however it never take sit off headset mode and this is driving me nuts.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Is there a way to tottally reset the phone? Including Data and things...anything is viable for me now with this problem. Thanks!

Old 14-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
yeah, have a search on the forum.

The soft reset and hard reset codes are mentioned here many times.

The problems doesnt sound familiar.... when you say no sound, do you mean you cant hear the caller or that you cant hear the ringtone??

Do you have anything stuck in the popport?

Old 16-08-2007, 11:50 AM

dhevans_6 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by absoluteego View Post
Well, this time it has gone and activated enhancement for headset. I tried disableing it in settings - phone - ehancements but I get only three options headset, text phone and some other. Ive also lost sound due to this. I am able to make and recieve calls, it vibrates but I can not hear anything.

Ive tried resetting my phone twice, however it never take sit off headset mode and this is driving me nuts.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? Is there a way to tottally reset the phone? Including Data and things...anything is viable for me now with this problem. Thanks!
I've not heard of this on an N80, but on a colleague's N73. You could try re-flashing the firmware if a hard reset hasn't worked. If you've not done this before, take it back to your retailer - my friend did that (she didn't want me to do it, charming) and it was sorted for her.

Old 23-08-2007, 10:30 AM

birdman5 is on a distinguished road
This happened to me yesterday. Headset icon, no sound...

I basically had to plug in the headset, and then remove it. The icon cleared instantly.