All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-01-2005, 11:53 AM

fannypad is on a distinguished road
Backing up and restoring installed apps

I'm trying to backup my memory card and transfer the entire contents (including all installed apps) onto another one.

I gave away my DKU-2 cable, and copying all the folders over Bluetooth eventually grinds to a halt.

What I want to know is, what is the exact procedure for backing up and restoring the entire contents, including apps, of the memory card using PC Suite. I have had a quick go with the Backup and Restore utility, deselected everything apart from the option to backup the memory card, but all that did was copy the pictures and sound files, not the programs.

What is the correct method for backing up and restoring the whole card with PC Suite?

Old 28-01-2005, 12:11 PM

Dany is on a distinguished road
If You Want to backup The Phone Content Just Go To Memory card > Options > Backup and u'll have a backup of the phone memory on the Memory card

Old 28-01-2005, 12:21 PM

Please read my post. I do not want to backup the phone memory. I want to backup the memory card onto my PC, insert a new card, then copy the contents of the backup onto it.
Ads

Old 28-01-2005, 12:22 PM

There's The Backup Option in PC SUITE

Old 28-01-2005, 12:24 PM

ARGH!!!

Please read my post properly. If you can't, then I'll cut and paste what I want to do here:

"What I want to know is, what is the exact procedure for backing up and restoring the entire contents, including apps, of the memory card using PC Suite. I have had a quick go with the Backup and Restore utility, deselected everything apart from the option to backup the memory card, but all that did was copy the pictures and sound files, not the programs.

What is the correct method for backing up and restoring the whole card with PC Suite?"

Old 28-01-2005, 12:27 PM

Connect The Phone Using the USB Cable and when appears The Nokia 6630 Memory card copy it To the desktop "Drag-and-Drop".

ps Make sure to don't make a link but to copy The Entire Memory Card

Old 28-01-2005, 12:39 PM

Eh? What are you on about? Why do you insist on not reading my posts?

In the first one I made it quite clear what I am trying to do, and the fact that I do not have a USB cable.

Open your eyes and have a read, again:

"I gave away my DKU-2 cable, and copying all the folders over Bluetooth eventually grinds to a halt.

What I want to know is, what is the exact procedure for backing up and restoring the entire contents, including apps, of the memory card using PC Suite. I have had a quick go with the Backup and Restore utility, deselected everything apart from the option to backup the memory card, but all that did was copy the pictures and sound files, not the programs.

What is the correct method for backing up and restoring the whole card with PC Suite?"

Cheers

Old 28-01-2005, 12:44 PM

Well i didn't read that u gave away the usb cable.
You can try To Browse the Using the Software Which was in the Bluetooth adapter pack or try to use a tirdy party app or.......................

Buy a Mac

Old 29-01-2005, 04:23 AM

clive6630 is on a distinguished road
Backup

If you want to do an entire backup of your phone to the pc, the only real way of doing it is to get yourself a card reader installed on your pc, do a phone backup to memory card on the phone first, then take out the memory card, place it into the card reader on your pc, make sure you have hidden folders viewable on your pc then copy/cut and paste the entire card contents to a folder on the pc. You could then copy all the files to another card for example if you so desire.

Old 29-01-2005, 09:54 AM

That's what I was planning on doing, but it would involve buying a card reader.

I realised I was using the wrong option in PC Suite backup. Chose the other one and it backed up and restored the whole card including apps