All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-01-2007, 02:36 AM

karthikeyan10 is on a distinguished road
Mine Latest ME Firmware. with the Nokia 2GB MiniSD ofcourse not a single problem till date

anyone has tried running the n73 on 4GB cards???

Old 31-01-2007, 11:01 AM

angkasa is on a distinguished road
30-10-2006
2 Gb Mini-SD Kingston

Not working at all! (not recoginized)
with previous firmware it also wasnt working(crashing / failed to start phone), hoped this update would fix it...

Any help on this issue? Card is working on other device and 512Mb is recognized.

Please help

Old 30-06-2007, 03:42 PM

buxz777 is on a distinguished road
2gb + 4gb info

hi all
thought id just add my piece to this thread

right had a few n73s
1st one o2 uk version cant remeber the firware but it was 2. summin worked with 2gb transcend no probs at all very smooth

2nd one debranded music edition (1st version 3.0 summin) also worked with 2gb transcend no probs very smooth again

2nd one was then upgraded to the new version 4.summin my phone DIDNT LIKE THIS 1 BIT had txt troubles and it didnt seem to like my 4gb memory card 1 bit

3rd one genuine music edition v3.0638.0.0.30 rm133 30/10/2006
by far the best firmware ive had
tryed the 4gb didnt work
formatted into FAT format and it read it
it didnt want to at 1st and for the 5 mins whatevevr i dun it crashed the phone
but i beared with it as i thought to be getting this slow down it must be reading summin
i was right
after the 1st 5-10 mins and once i had opened each thing ie camera music player main menu it worked a treat :-) it still is

so the nokia n73 can handle 4gb

by the way i looked for a normal sd mini and not the sdhc format that they do as this is a different build and i dont think the n73 can read sdhc

FOR N73 DONT BUY SDHC BUY NORMAL MINI SD FORMAT IT INTO FAT FORMAT (I EVEN ONLY DONE A QUICK FORMAT) BEAR WITH THE PHONE MAYBE EVEN JUST PUT THE CARD IN AND PUT THE PHONE ON YOUR SIDE FOR 10 MINS WHILE IT READS THE ACRD IT ALSO MAKES FOLDERS IE PICS VIDS LIFEBLOGG ETC

SO LET IT DO ITS THING THEN GO TO FILE MANAGER PRESS RIGHT AND YOU SHOULD SEE YOU HAVE 4GB TO PLAY WITH

DONT INSTALL ANYTHING LIKE MUSIC TILL YOUVE LET THE PHONE DO ITS THING OTHERWISE YOUR ONLY GOING TO BE PUTTING THE PHONE UNDER MORE STRAIN WHILE IT READS YOUR CARD FOR THE 1ST TIME AND MAKES THEM CORE FOLDERS LIKE IT DOES ON ANY MEMORY CARD

I EVEN RUN TOMTOM 6 OFF IT AND IT WORKS GREAT

I GOT MY 1ST ERROR TODAY HADNT REBOOTED MY PHONE IN A FEW DAYS OPENED CAMERA UP GOT SYSTEM ERROR SO I PRESSED TOP BUTTON REMOVED MEMORY CARD OPEND CAMERA AGAIN WORKED FINE
PUT MEMEORY CARD BACK IN OPENED CAMEREA AND WORKED AGAIN :-) WEIRD BUT TRUE SAYING THAT I HAVE NOW ONLY GOT 4OMB OF THE 4GB LEFT

STILL NO SLOW DOWN PLAYING MUSIC GOING THROUGH FOLDERS

I DO FIND AFTER A REBOOT (IE SWITCH ON AND OFF)THE CAMERA IS SLOW TO OPEN 1ST TIME 2ND TIME SAME AS NORMAL :-)

BIT SLOWER INSTALLING APPLICATIONS TO MEMORY CARD BUT I MIGHT HAVE A SLOW 4GB MINI SD :-) NOTHING MAJOR BUT DEFENTLY ABIT SLOWER THEN MY OLD 2GB TRANSCEND (IE SIS FILES OR JAVA)

THATS ABOUT IT MY PHONE SEEMS TO LOVE THIS CARD :-) AND FOR THAT I LOVE MY N73 4GB IN A PHONE IS AGREAT :-)

BY THE WAY I HEARD V4 HAD BEEN REMOVED FROM NOKIA (READ IT HEAR SUMWHERE)I STILL MANAGED TO GET IT VIA SOME PRODUCT CODE BUT IT REALLY MESSED MY PHONE UP IE TXTS DIDNT COME THROUGH WITH NAMES IAM PRETTY GOOD WITH PHONES BUT COULDNT SORT THIS
PHONE SHOP TOLD ME I HAD AN APAC VERSION ON A UK PHONE AND THAT MIGHT AFFECT IT HE TRYED DOWNGRADING WITH SOME POTENT FLASHER HED PAID NEARLY 300 QUID FOR HES BEEN FLASHING PHONES 15 YEARS
WELL HE STILL BRICKED MY PHONE!! HE TRYED EVRY FIRMWARE HE COULD EVEN BACK TO V2 AND ALL THE WAY BACK UP TO V4!!!!!!

BOTTOM LINE BE CAREFULL I HAD INSURANCE SO GOT A NEW PHONE (THEY EVEN SEMT ME THE MUSIC EDITION SWEET)

IF YOUR FIRMWARE WORKS FOR YOU DONT RUSH INTO CHANGING TO THE LATEST ONE CHECK IT OUT 1ST DO SUM RESEARCH ETC ON IT

AND DONT BUY SDHC CARDS FOR THE N73 LOOK FOR NORMAL SD

ANYONE ELSE GET THERE 4GB ONE WORKING??

WE NEED MORE FEEDBACK ON THIS TO GET THIS SORTED

IE WHICH CARDS WORK :-)

NICE 1 GUYS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK THIS WEBSITE HAS HELPED ME LOADS :-)

Old 03-07-2007, 07:09 PM

advut is on a distinguished road
does speed variey on a direct mini SD or in a microSD with a mini SD adapter..?? which work faster...?
i wanna buy a 2 GB card.. which wiil be better kingston/transcend/sandisk??
is there ne variety depending on cards speed? plzz need ur help.. evrybody

Old 07-07-2007, 12:38 PM

Mikeyboy01 is on a distinguished road
Some good news ......

SIM Free N73; just flashed from 4.0723 (which was fantastic, worked fine!)to latest SW - 4.0726.2.0.1

Was previously using 2GB SanDisk card, which worked fine. Them arriving in the post today was a OEM 4GB Mini SD card - 30 inc. delivery from Ebay - not an SDHC one.

Already formatted as FAT32, so I just straight away inserted it in to the powered up device. MMC app can see the card fine. Camera app opened OK, captured mage, showed iage in post-capure view. Closed camera slide, pressed Gallery key on side of device. Device sat with just wallpaper displayed on screen.

Powered off and powered on, device booted fine, pressed gallery key, captured image (which yes, was stored on the memory card) is displayed fine in thumbnail view.

Seems to work great, so I can conclusively say that 4GB standard mini SD card works fine with N73 ;-) so far ...............

Also have been using N73 with a BH-500 BT stereo headset, since upgrading to 0723 which works fine. Call quality can be a bit variable when using the headset though ;-)

Only problem I had seen so far, which was with 0723 was that I couldn't connect over Media Player USB to WMP11 on XP Home PC. Still appears to be the case with 0426. I've checked registry has no old N73 related entries too. WMP is meant to automatically recognise N73 as a MTP device, and staright away create MTP connection (i.e. no Found new H/W wizard), where as WMP10 should invoke the wizard, and ask you for the driver. Good job Mass Storage profile is there!

Old 07-07-2007, 05:57 PM

does speed variey on a direct mini SD or in a microSD with a mini SD adapter..?? which work faster...?

Old 09-07-2007, 07:29 AM

Update on 4GB card & N73 ...

Right, I've had a day or so setting up my phone with the 4GB card and 4.0726.2.0.1, here are my findings ........

Device is really, really slow installing and opening apps like Music player that use the memory card. I've seen quite a few device hangs whilest installing apps, putting data across to the phone.

Good news is, once the data was on, it worked fine!

So, perseverence is the key ;-)

Old 09-07-2007, 12:16 PM

mld_n73 is on a distinguished road
I have forgot my password to my memory card. i updated my n73, and now im been asked for a password. i dont know it. can anyone help?

thanks

mld

Old 09-07-2007, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyboy01 View Post
Right, I've had a day or so setting up my phone with the 4GB card and 4.0726.2.0.1, here are my findings ........

Device is really, really slow installing and opening apps like Music player that use the memory card. I've seen quite a few device hangs whilest installing apps, putting data across to the phone.

Good news is, once the data was on, it worked fine!

So, perseverence is the key ;-)
MIKEYBOY
CAN YOU DE ME A FAVOUR WAS USING MY 4GB CARD FINE FOR A WEEK THEN GOT SOME BAD NEWS
TRYED USING THE VIDEO RECORDER IN MP4 FORMAT SAVING TO 4GB MEMORY CARD
PHONE DIDINT LIKE THIS ONE BIT. FROZE AFTER 35 SECONDS OFF VIDEO RECORDING , HAD TO REBOOT PHONE TRYED TO OPEN CAMERA GOT AN INTERNAL ERROR MESSAGE AND CAMERA CLOSED DOWN
SO I TOOK THE MEMORY CARD OUT OF PHONE OPEND CAMERA AND WORKED FINE
PUT MEMORY CARD BACK IN TRYED VIDEOING SAME THING AGAIN

SELLER ON EBAY RECKONS MY CARD IS 100X SPEED IAM THINKING HE IS LYING AND I HAVE A SLOW CARD AND THE MEMORY CARD CANT KEEP UP WITH THE VIDEO RECORDER SOME SORT OF BUFFERING ISSUE

PLAYING BACK VIDEO IS SWEET JUST RECORDING IS A NIGHTMARE

WHAT ABOUT YOU?? IVE NOW INSTALLED THE NEW V4 FIRMWARE TO SEE IF THAT MADE A DIFFERENCE IT DIDNT

I STILL THINK THE N73 CAN TAKE 4GB MY 1 IS AN OEM AND HAS NO BRANDING I THINK IF I COULD GET A GENUINE 150X MINI SD CARD THAT WAS 4GB MY PHONE WOULD LOVE IT

JUST SEEMS TO BE AN ISSUE WITH THE SPEED OF MY CARD THE PHONE WANTS TO READ IT AND DOES BUT WHEN ASKED TO VIDEO IT SRUGGLES LIKE MAD

ANYONE KNOW WEHERE I CAN GET A FAST 4GB MINIS SD NOT A SDHC ONE THOUGH???

ALSO ANY1 ELSE HAD TROUBS WITH VIDEO AND 4GB MEMORY CARD??

QUITE LIKING THIS NEW V4 FIRMWARE NOW, MISSED MY MUSIC KEY BUT FOUND OUT IF I HOLD THE MULTIMEDIA KEY IT GOES STRAIGHT 2 MUSIC PLAYER ANYWAY LOL WICKED ITS DEFENTLY A NORMAL N73 HYBRID MUSIC EDITION FIRMWARE :-) GOOD STUFF
Ads

Old 10-07-2007, 08:00 AM

4GB Card - problems

Mine is OEM too, since using it I've seen following issues:

Playing back music over BT stereo - playback is sometimes pausing - seems to align with the screen backlight going off !!!!!!! Although it cannot be this, as sometimes it pauses, sometimes it doesn't.

I've got email set to download every hour during the day to my phone, downloads, but no tone to tell me it has downloaded, and no visible icon to show user it has downloaded - notifications are set to on.

Tried video recording - device hung on first attempt to capture video

Rebooted, and successfully captured an image, then switched to video mode, and video capture initated successfully; video capture froze after 41 seconds.

Closed camera slide, pressed end call key, nothing happened!

Eventually camera app closed, but phone re-boot needed.

So, 4GB cards aren't so good on N73 ;-)

Shame, as I just sold my 2GB card that worked a treat.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:08 PM

Question

AM I BEING IGNORED !!!!!!!!!! wanna just need ur help guys..

does speed varie on a direct mini SD or in a microSD with a mini SD adapter..?? which work faster...?

Old 10-07-2007, 09:16 PM

Not To Sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by advut View Post
AM I BEING IGNORED !!!!!!!!!! wanna just need ur help guys..

does speed varie on a direct mini SD or in a microSD with a mini SD adapter..?? which work faster...?
ONE OF THE MAIN THINGS TO LOOK FOR IS THAT THE CARD IS A GENUINE AND NOT A FAKE MOST FAKES ARE SLOW AND NASTY BUT STILL WORK

I USE A TRANSCEND WORKS OK (MINI SD) BUT MY MATES KINGSTON IS DEFENTLY FASTER WHEN I PUT ALOT OF MUSIC ON IN A GO :-) KINGSTON MINI SD

YES THE CARD SPEEDS DO VARY ASK THE SLLER OF THE CARD THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU THIS BUT GENUINE KINGSTON SHULD BE A SAFE BET MATE :-)

NICE 1 HOPE THAT HELPS SORRY YOU FELT IGNORED MATE LOL SHOUT LOUDER NEXT TIME :-)

Old 11-07-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
ONE OF THE MAIN THINGS TO LOOK FOR IS THAT THE CARD IS A GENUINE AND NOT A FAKE MOST FAKES ARE SLOW AND NASTY BUT STILL WORK

I USE A TRANSCEND WORKS OK (MINI SD) BUT MY MATES KINGSTON IS DEFENTLY FASTER WHEN I PUT ALOT OF MUSIC ON IN A GO :-) KINGSTON MINI SD

YES THE CARD SPEEDS DO VARY ASK THE SLLER OF THE CARD THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU THIS BUT GENUINE KINGSTON SHULD BE A SAFE BET MATE :-)

NICE 1 HOPE THAT HELPS SORRY YOU FELT IGNORED MATE LOL SHOUT LOUDER NEXT TIME :-)
thank u bro...

Old 19-08-2007, 01:29 PM

porsche_911 is on a distinguished road
I'm tempted to get a 4GB memory card but reading posts on here i'm having second thoughts.

Old 01-09-2007, 03:53 PM

Submitted is on a distinguished road
What is Firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo1 View Post
i have a problem with my fone detecting the memory card and I c every1 talking about firmware but I don't understand what it is.. would my memory card work if I updated this "firmware"?

Firmware is the basic operating system of your phone.