All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-06-2010, 12:00 PM

expt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidgilson View Post
By the sounds of it we are talking about different e-mail clients. You're talking about Nokia Messaging, I'm talking about the stand-alone e-mail client that Nokia licenced for all FP2 phones, and it has nothing to do with Nokia Messaging. So I suggest you use that rather than Nokia Messaging.

Phew
Thank you for give suggestion of Nokia mobile.It's really good provide facility.

Old 19-06-2010, 10:38 AM

deadkenny is on a distinguished road
The email client which is integrated in the E72 (Email 2.2.0 as of firmware 031.023) by default uses Nokia Messaging. It's essentially just a preconfigured system using IMAP (or IMAP-like) connection to NM's servers which aggregate the collection of mail to provide a push email delivery with minimal configuration from the user.

The user is generally unaware they are even using NM when they use the setup wizard in the E72 email client, unless their email address is not supported by NM, in which case it dumps you into configuring it as a manual mailbox.

The client interface for reading emails is the same, whether you're using NM, manual accounts or MfE. The difference is in the settings, which includes the access points which are different for NM, MfE and manual mailboxes.

When you refer to a standalone client, which is this? Something downloadable separately? As far as I know there is no so client for the E72 from Nokia. Third parties maybe, but I'm talking about the Out of the box experience on a mobile phone targeted at emailing.

Oh, and perhaps the confusion is (again) with Nokia Messaging. The term is used for a number of different applications Nokia provides, which makes it confusing for users. Nokia Messaging for Email is what I'm talking about, which is part of the email client. There is also Nokia Messaging for IM and Nokia Messaing for Social Networks, which are entirely different applications. I'm not talking about these.

Last edited by deadkenny; 19-06-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Old 20-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

Lightbulb Regarding E72

I assume you are refering to the WiFi connections through access points:

1.WLAN Wiz (Select Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings and Connection > Wireless LAN) worked just fine for me. Before running that I did only one thing: Added one Destination named 'WiFi'. While the Wiz was running, I searched and selected the WLAN and supplied the WEP Key.
In fact I have stored the WEP key in a text file, opened the file, copied it into the memory (Ctrl-C), when it was demanded, I pressed back space key first then pasted from memory (Ctrl-V). Then I selected 'WiFi'. That's it! I started browsing.

2. But while installing the email accounts I have faced a problem. I had to remove all my WiFi Connections, make the Mobile provider's GPRS connection only active for Internet; tested it; then started setting up email. Once the email accounts were in place, I went back to the above point no: 1

If this can be of any help.

Regards,

Jacob