All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-04-2003, 10:15 PM

MY 3650 don't start!!! HELP!!!

MY 3650 don't start!!! HELP!!! Some night i have turned off my 3650 and in the next morning it don't start anymore, only appears "NOKIA" and then restart 3 times and it turns off.

Someone can help me???! :cry:

thankx.

Old 15-04-2003, 11:13 PM

MrGoBLiN is on a distinguished road
Well my first suggestion is the obvious. Is the battery in right? Is it charged? after those have you installed any applications recently? If so you might have installed something that corrupted ure phone memory and might need it reformatted. hopefully it wont come to that. get back to me

Old 16-04-2003, 09:42 AM

MemphisX is on a distinguished road
This problem has been discussed previously. If you still can't polye the problem try to press and hold the pencil button (on 7650 it is abc) while the device boots. You can also try this while the phone is charging. If nothing happens them the only choice you have is to send it to your nearest nokia service center and they will repair it for you for free as long as it is still under waranty...

Old 16-04-2003, 10:55 AM

This is *exactly* what happened to my new 3650. The NOKIA logo appears 3 times, and the phone switches itself off.

Trying to reboot into safe mode by pressing the pencil button does not work, neither does booting without a SIM card in. The phone doesn't even get that far.

Can you remember what you did immediately before this happened ? I seem to remember installing some game onto the phone's internal memory immediately before this happened - perhaps it would be recommended to ONLY install software onto MMC memory so that it can be physically removed if something goes wrong.

I had an 'out of memory' error also - did you get this too ?

It would appear there is the possibility of PERMANENTLY runing your phone by installing to the phone mem.

Major design flaw ??

>> If so you might have installed something that corrupted ure phone memory and might need it reformatted

My phone is currently on it's way back to the retailers. If this happens again (it seems quite a common fault) can I reformat the phone myself ? What equipment will I need ?

CW

Old 16-04-2003, 04:52 PM

It even don't charge!
thanks i will send it to Nokia.
Ads

Old 16-04-2003, 05:17 PM

MemphisX is on a distinguished road
I am sure they will replace it whith a new one...