All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-10-2005, 01:53 PM
timeall

Phone Handset Nokia 6680 doesn't startup the OS

My Nokia 6680 shows after switching it on only the Nokia logo, which disappear and after some seconds appears again and again. The handset couldn't be switched off with any key. Do anyone know is that a bug and how could I solve the problem? Is where a way to reset the Nokia 6680?

Thank you for any help.

timeall

Old 11-10-2005, 03:03 PM
Le Meilleur

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeall
My Nokia 6680 shows after switching it on only the Nokia logo, which disappear and after some seconds appears again and again. The handset couldn't be switched off with any key. Do anyone know is that a bug and how could I solve the problem? Is where a way to reset the Nokia 6680?

Thank you for any help.

timeall
Pull off the battery and see what happens.
bye
Ads

Old 12-10-2005, 05:53 AM

absi is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Thank you for any help.

timeall
Hello, maybe i am not sure! But this could mean a s/w failure. Cos i've had this problem in the 3650! And it was a s/w fail! Hope this helps.

bye!
-absi

Old 13-10-2005, 09:23 AM

dampo is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Thank you for any help.

timeall
I experienced EXACTLY the same problem last Friday (when I was playing with time settings). It did not boot anymore. Took it to the servis, they identified "memory card failure". They removed memory card, the phone booted up normally. I left the phone there, they replaced memory card and upgraded phone firmware. It works now (for the past 4 days :-). So, take it to your nearest Nokia servis

Old 14-10-2005, 06:17 AM
timeall

Exact that information was needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampo
I experienced EXACTLY the same problem last Friday (when I was playing with time settings). It did not boot anymore. Took it to the servis, they identified "memory card failure". They removed memory card, the phone booted up normally. I left the phone there, they replaced memory card and upgraded phone firmware. It works now (for the past 4 days :-). So, take it to your nearest Nokia servis
Thank you very much, the information has helped me a lot, after taking the memory card out of the Nokia 6680 I could start the Nokia 6680 again and everything was there except the files that I had stored on the memory card.

I will go to the Nokia Service as soon as I can.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 PM

littlestanjr is on a distinguished road
hi there, I've noticed that this guy had the same problem as me. Problem is, taking out/swapping/leaving out the mmc card does not do anything for me.

I did a backup of all my numbers before I went on holiday (phew) but whileI was away, I got a number off someone and I cannot retrieve it, is there anyway of geeting this number before it has to be sent to a service centre for a software refresh (an lose the number)

Cheers

Stan