All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 19-09-2009, 07:40 PM
gurvich gurvich is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
gurvich is on a distinguished road
Nokia n97 (the second day I bought it) :(

Hello!
I`am desperate yesterday I bought Nokia n97 Black SIM free (product code: 0587691). Installed Nokia PC Suite then transferred all contacts and other data to the new. Later I installed Nokia Software Update and it informed me of the new firmware v12. After NSU showed everything is ok and update is successful I removed USB cable and tryed to power on and it wont...

I would like to point out that I didnt changed any product codes or did any other hacker stuff. I just updated firmware over official software.

I tried HARD RESET with keys on keyboard (shift+backspace+space and power button) it wont work. Only when push Power button it vibrates and nothing.

Please help, because my shop wont take it back. It there any option to bring back to life...

I would be very grateful if someone could help.

  #2  
Old 19-09-2009, 09:29 PM
ironass's Avatar
ironass ironass is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cotswolds, U.K.
Posts: 1,508
ironass is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurvich View Post
Hello!
I`am desperate yesterday I bought Nokia n97 Black SIM free (product code: 0587691). Installed Nokia PC Suite then transferred all contacts and other data to the new. Later I installed Nokia Software Update and it informed me of the new firmware v12. After NSU showed everything is ok and update is successful I removed USB cable and tryed to power on and it wont...

I would like to point out that I didnt changed any product codes or did any other hacker stuff. I just updated firmware over official software.

I tried HARD RESET with keys on keyboard (shift+backspace+space and power button) it wont work. Only when push Power button it vibrates and nothing.

Please help, because my shop wont take it back. It there any option to bring back to life...

I would be very grateful if someone could help.
Pull battery out and then reinsert.

Now hold the 3 keys, you mentioned, down and whilst holding them, press the power on button and continue holding until white screen with Nokia appears.

  #3  
Old 20-09-2009, 05:54 AM
gurvich gurvich is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
gurvich is on a distinguished road
Tried 4 button combination.
With SIM card and without.
Result: nothing happens.
Phone vibrates for a moment and no signs of life.
Screen is black. In other word HARD RESET not working if I`am doing right way of course.
I even tried holding this combination for a minute.

Also what is interesting is that if I connect it to computer.
Vista shows that new USB device is connected but PC Suite show no connection to the phone. Vista detects: Nokia USB Flasher parent or something like that. Two devices with word "flashing" in it.

Any ideas, what can I do ?

  #4  
Old 20-09-2009, 05:58 AM
gurvich gurvich is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
gurvich is on a distinguished road
Forgot to mention: if I connect it to computer.
Vista plays USB connect sound and after a moment disconnect sound.
And it goes in a loop. Maybe this could give more clues about what nice Nokia Firmware update did to my brand new phone...

  #5  
Old 20-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Steve_R's Avatar
Steve_R Steve_R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Warwickshire, England
Posts: 262
Steve_R is on a distinguished road
Have you tried connecting the phone and running the firmware updater again?
__________________
M'Blog - http://thenokianetwork.com/

Frustrated Nokia fan, running an old skool E71

Follow Me on Twitter

  #6  
Old 20-09-2009, 08:27 AM
dez_borders dez_borders is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,684
dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurvich View Post
Hello!
I`am desperate yesterday I bought Nokia n97 Black SIM free (product code: 0587691). Installed Nokia PC Suite then transferred all contacts and other data to the new. Later I installed Nokia Software Update and it informed me of the new firmware v12. After NSU showed everything is ok and update is successful I removed USB cable and tryed to power on and it wont...
.
As you did not change product code, Nokia will honour the warranty.
Take it to a NCC or post it to Nokia's repair centre (Freepost) using the form on the Nokia website (under repair options).

Incidentally, the shop who sold the handset has a legal obligation to assist you within the first 12 months (by sending it off for repair for you) - you could report them to trading standards if you want to stand up for your rights - but its probably quicker to send it off yourself.
__________________
Phone History: Nokia 3310,7650, 6680, N70, N80, N95, N83, N96, N97...? HTC_Desire (with FroYo 2.2)

  #7  
Old 20-09-2009, 08:48 AM
gurvich gurvich is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4
gurvich is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Have you tried connecting the phone and running the firmware updater again?
Yes, I tried with no results.
I even tried reinstalling Nokia PC Suite and Nokia Software Update.
Its weird when I connect n97 to PC, Windows plays USB connection and disconnection sound in a loop. However NSU cannot detect phone anymore. The only life sign of the phone what I can get is that it vibrates when try to power on it. So I guess tomorrow I will fight with shop. The main problem is that, my phone is dead and old too. And all that exchange process will take for ages.

I really feel sorry for Nokia and other guys who paides 450 eur for the phone which can be bricked with official software update.

So I`am guessing there is no solution... :(
Ads

  #8  
Old 09-11-2009, 04:41 AM
tnitrend tnitrend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1
tnitrend is on a distinguished road
Web Link Wrong comibnation order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurvich View Post
Tried 4 button combination.
With SIM card and without.
Result: nothing happens.
Phone vibrates for a moment and no signs of life.
Screen is black. In other word HARD RESET not working if I`am doing right way of course.
I even tried holding this combination for a minute.

Also what is interesting is that if I connect it to computer.
Vista shows that new USB device is connected but PC Suite show no connection to the phone. Vista detects: Nokia USB Flasher parent or something like that. Two devices with word "flashing" in it.

Any ideas, what can I do ?
YOU ARE APPLYING WRONG COMBINATION ORDER. CHANGE IT TO AS FOLLOWS;
Hold all key and press Power button as follows;


Shift + Space bar + Backspace + Power your phone
 

Bookmarks

Tags
bought, day, n97, nokia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[HOT][NEW] N80 RM-92 IE APAC PR v15.00 SW4.0632.0.38 juato4 Nokia N80 176 25-04-2007 03:19 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:52 AM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy