All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 01-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
In depth, quality photo galleries from Mobile World Congress: N86, 6710, 6720

Rafe's been busy sorting through his snaps again - in these three gorgeous galleries he brings us close-up photos of the Nokia N86 8MP (great build materials, arguably best camera ever in a phone), the 6710 Navigator (GPS, compass, zoom strip) and the 6720 Classic (active noise cancellation), all launched at the event. Click through and enjoy each of these. And then buy Rafe a humungous beer the next time you see him.

Read on in the full article.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Unregistered

N86

Agree with Steve, the N86 is a nice looking phone, I'm still using an N81 8GB and it suits my needs for now.

I'm still looking for a phone that provides the robustness of a touch-less device, with the advantages of a larger screen. On every Nokia I look at, I think the screen could potentially be bigger. I've never used the forward facing camera and the earpiece could be moved up slightly. At the bottom end of the phone, the D pad could be made smaller and some of the buttons optimised or moved to he numerical keyboard area. My phone is also locked and to do anything with it I have to slide the phone up anyway.

Just my thoughts
Ads

Old 01-03-2009, 02:06 PM

Kazutoyo is on a distinguished road
Really like the numeric keypad of the N86 Spaced large keys are the best and I hope we will see more N-series with the same.

What I want to see the most now, is a new Nokia candybar with xenon flash, that numeric keypad and that it's relatively thin, no more than 15mm. So pretty much just a N82, but slimmer, with that keypad, the newer S60 FP2 stuff and good build quality (which rules 6220c out).

Old 01-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
The 6720 is quite close that (Xenon flash apart) - actually I think it was one of the most under-rated phones of MWC.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what else is to come...

Old 01-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
If anyone fancies a bargain, the 6220 Classic is now very cheap in many shops. It's about 250 euros SIM-free on Verkkokauppa, which is great value for a smartphone with GPS and a 5mp Xenon-equipped camera.

I assume they're discounting it now to make way for the 6720 Classic.