All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 21-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Download issues

Hi guys im having the same problem with downloads as the other guy. Every application downloaded is showing an expired certificate message.
is there any way off sorting this out without deleting my certificates or lowering my security.
PLEASE HELP, im not getting the best out of this amazing phone.

Old 27-04-2009, 04:36 PM
JGJones

Accuweather

I thought I'll point out that in Download! in the widget section, next to Accuweather is Weatherbug - I have to say I found this much better than Accuweather in that it respond much faster and a more slick interface. It also get GPS, radar and so on like Accuweather - so we get two decent weather app And weatherbug is also free - I went with Weatherbug first because in Download! it stated "Try for free" for Accuweather which implied shareware to me, whereas Weatherbug was "Free" so I tried Weatherbug first...and I like it a lot.

Old 29-04-2009, 06:42 AM
Unregistered

Quickoffice for Nokia 5800XM

Is it possible to download Quick Office for Nokia 5800XM on the PC & then to install on my handset?

Regards,

vkjain315@gmail.com

Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
dsbs

u change ur phone date to earlier time like january , restart the phone then install. After installing change date to normal. One application i am suggesting is Symtorrent it is good to download full movies and other large files. I am using 5800 in india from 2nd january and it is good phone. Soft version is now 21 after 2mb ota download.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Comprehensive list of free apps

Here is another big list of free applications for the 5800 - http://anarchius.org/v5projects-Noki...plications.htm.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:17 AM
Ecophil

Thumbs up Screensnap is available for S60 5th

http://www.smartphoneware.com/screen...on-product.php

Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

problem

certificate expired what to do man

Old 04-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

Accuweather

Hi, i've looked in Download! and I have no widgets section! I also don't have Web as its been replaced by T-Mobile's Web'n'Walk service, no bother as i use Opera anyway. but is the Widgets section something else that T-mobile might remove?!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy download problem

Hi guys im having the same problem with downloads as the other guy. Every application downloaded is showing an expired certificate message.
is there any way off sorting this out without deleting my certificates or lowering my security.
PLEASE HELP, im not getting the best out of this amazing phone.

Old 15-07-2009, 04:21 PM

mkj011 is on a distinguished road
freeware trouble?

Hello steve
thanks a lot for this list you have made. I loved the accu weather application.
However have run into trouble with two ( they r minor though).

PHONE TORCH
After I had installed this , I had done a full back up of phone using Nokia Content Copier where for the first time I had ticked all to be backup (i.,e including MEMORY CARD contents) , it had initially frozen at 67% ,then I had cancelled and
got a successful back of about 1Gig safely.

After these two events when I connect my Phone, and choose mass storage mode to use it like any external hard disk am having the following nuisance:
I click open on any folder say IMAGES
The main window of EXTERNAL DRIVE F closes and restarts again as if i just plugged in the phone as external hard disk.
This repeats N number of times, however I could use Nokia PC suite's file
FILE MANAGER to successfully use the phone as external disk.

Also as I was using FILE MANAGER i suddenly noticed the PHONE TORCH
shortcut on my homescreen has been replaced by NOKIA MAPS!!!

And when i restarted the phone, Voila it was back on home screen!

The reason am mentioning the bug is, am not sure if PHONE TORCH caused it or the initial update of entire phone contents caused it.
I have uninstalled phone torch ,and no difference in the bug as mentioned above. And I didn't feel like installing it back, because of the disappearance of
phone torch icon from the home screen automatically.

Now abt Open office
I had installed it. But its not there . When i checked it on installation manager
its not there.. Then i tried to install again ( DOWNLOADED caption was already being shown on the DOWNLOAD! application list beside the open office ) .Now when i tried second time, got warnings of FILE CORRUPT and
failed installation.

Otherwise, gmail, google maps, all went fine. and thks for the list again.

mkj

Old 17-08-2009, 06:46 AM
Unregistered

access internet thru wifi

something problem when my phone (nokia 5800 EM) connected to wifi, i cannot connect to internet, even google site..the displayed was 'web authentication' i need help for this..?thanks

Old 20-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

Smile :) Hi

tnx!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

you forgot vyke !

Old 12-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Jayanta_05

Need help installing AccuWeather

Hi- I've downloaded the AccuWeather app on my Nokia 5800 but when I'm trying to install it its giving an error message saying "Unable to install-Error occured" and "Installation failed". If anyone has faced this issue plz help! -Thanks!
Ads

Old 16-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Nokia is cheating this time(Nokia5800)-

1. picture quality is like old VGA camera (I was using N73, which has same specification but picture quality of nokia 5800 is worst).
2. Nokia says it as a music phone but music quality is same as old phones (ya, its headset jack is a good thing)
3. No adobe reader in 5800....i have to buy it for Rs. 800.
4.some times it goes off automatically.
5. now i m facing prolem, it does not boot....On switching on phone , it shows nokia logo but does not start....i have shown it to customer care twice but now again same prolem.
6. No file hide software....initially they proides u, file hide software which is a demo n like many other software they demand money after trial period.
7. Games devloped for it r pathetic.......if u like mobile games, this phone will make u cry. this phone is not compatile for most software or games u download from net.
8. its real player plays nothing... u have to download smart movie player software for playing movies which expires after trial and demands money, otherwise phone shows yor movie file as currepted file, even if it is in right formet.