All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 16-02-2010, 08:03 PM

GJW is on a distinguished road
Pretty cool app. Works better than Fring on my phone.

Old 16-02-2010, 08:11 PM

ebo is on a distinguished road
It's very unfortunate Nokia is so parsimonious with RAM . Thus there's often not a real chance to take advantage of those multi-tasking capabilities of he operating system.

Old 16-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Some tips on failed start in Skype forum

Also had a problem with my 5800 - it refused to start after first install.
Found a tip to workaround this in skype forum: http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=543631

You need to set your language to English and start it for the first time.
Skype forum seems lively enough, some skype staff is answering the questions pretty fast (as was in public beta )

Old 16-02-2010, 08:21 PM

jdastrain is on a distinguished road
Nice interface, but only worked once in my N97 after the reboot. Now I have been trying to sign in, and not error, no message, simply again and again the sign in dialog after the “starting session” message, by the way Skype doesn’t remember my password.
I reinstalled the app and didn’t work.
I tried with a wrong password and the same LOL
Any idea?
Fring is still the best IMHO

Old 16-02-2010, 09:32 PM

jdastrain is on a distinguished road
Finally I signed in (12 or more times later), just some minutes ago, but I can not see my online friend, and they do not see me online…
I checked with my PC version and all my online contacts appeared perfectly as well as using Fring…
I am using Skype in a Spanish N97
Then I signed out and when I tried to sign in again, the same nightmare.
IT IS A BETA VERSION, I give up, too many issues, Fring still rocks, only missing SMS capability

Old 17-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

works for me on E63

Installed (large download) from Nokia browser, installed several other components included in download (some from Nokia), ran, signed in, tried the test call, just made a real call this evening, very good sound quality to and from an ipod touch with Skype app.

Old 17-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Unregistered

great app!

n S60v3 the app is sluggish to start and sometimes hangs, but one thing is for sure: it is clearly superior to other VOIP options I have tried on myi n85 (namely fring and nimbuzz which both seem to have de-lay even with 10 mbps connections)
Video chat should be a great addition but I don't know if it can be done (right) with these kind of devices.

Old 17-02-2010, 09:17 AM

snoyt is on a distinguished road
works well on v20 Uk model N97

Skype works well on a v20 UK model N97. Only 5 MB left on my C: drive. Had a skype-to-skype call over 3G (1Mbit down, 384 kbits up) from the Netherlands to Malta which is one of the more difficult connections. Better yet I was calling from my car driving home from work. Both Fring and Nimbuzz failed to achieve a usable quality in that test. Hence Skype wins hands down.

Old 17-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Smile great app for my n97 mini

ive been waiting for this since i bought my n97 mini. works great!
Ads

Old 18-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Umberto

Skype and RAM

I installed skype on the mass memory of my N97 and one of my friends on the sd cards of its 5800XM. In both these cases the application worked very well. Try this if you have no more memory C available.

Old 22-02-2010, 08:58 PM

psiegumfeldt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mato3113 View Post
Hi psiegumfeldt

The same happened to me with Nokia 5230 which I believe is same as 5800 apart of few things. I have copied the installation file from N97 and installed it on 5230 and works fine

Here is the link enjoy.
Hi mato3113

I cant believe I ask a question on a forum and then forget to come back to check if anybody answers!!

Thanks for your reply, but I am having a bit of problems getting the file via rapidshare, but it will probably work soon. Thanks again.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

Question VoIPAudioSrv

i haven't instaled nimbuzz on my nokia E71,but yesterday got problems and then i lost my nimbuzz installation,then i want to install again but every i install VoIPAudioSrv cannot installed?
thanks

Old 09-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

Question VoIPAudioSrv

i have installed nimbuzz on my nokia E71,but yesterday got problems and then i lost my nimbuzz installation,then i want to install again but every i install VoIPAudioSrv cannot installed?
thanks