All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-09-2003, 10:50 AM

DrScouse is on a distinguished road
Please post firmware and any bugs

As the A920 hits the streets.. it may be of use if we could log our firmware, and any issues or bugs that are found.

HANDSET INFORMATION
================

Machine: REFERENCE PLATFORM
VERSION: REL 11.06.00.00

Problems:

Occasional random phone restarts

Occasional loss of VOICE number, unable to dial. Number is also not shown in PHONE>MY LINES only displays FAX and VIDEO, and also during bootup when it display these numbers.

My Signal Area:
Medium>Strong Video Coverage (3g)

No BLUETOOTH or IR (YET)

Old 15-09-2003, 09:17 AM

My details :

Reference Platform

REL 11.11.00.00
Baseband A920_U_10.16.01B

Problems:

Reboots (quite rare)
No Bluethooth / GPS / iRDA
Got a java game installed that i cant uninstall

Old 15-09-2003, 09:38 PM
james_preedy

Re: Please post firmware and any bugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScouse
As the A920 hits the streets.. it may be of use if we could log our firmware, and any issues or bugs that are found.

HANDSET INFORMATION
================

Machine: REFERENCE PLATFORM
VERSION: REL 11.06.00.00

Problems:

Occasional random phone restarts

Occasional loss of VOICE number, unable to dial. Number is also not shown in PHONE>MY LINES only displays FAX and VIDEO, and also during bootup when it display these numbers.

My Signal Area:
Medium>Strong Video Coverage (3g)

No BLUETOOTH or IR (YET)
I've got the same. GPRS emails are working fine in 2.5g, little flaky in 3g. 3's site seems a bit sus in 3g tho - dodgy connecting. Also had a few misshaped buttons at one point, but they solved themselves. Java games really dont like to work either. The mp3 player crackles when you do other stuff at the same time ...

Wonder where the nearest service centre is?

James

Old 16-09-2003, 01:10 PM

I also seem to have some missing options in the CONTROL PANEL>SOUNDS options.. the manual shows about 5 or 6, and I only have 2; Ringer & Alert Mode.

Old 16-09-2003, 01:16 PM

I also seem to have some missing options in the CONTROL PANEL>SOUNDS options.. the manual shows about 5 or 6, and I only have 2; Ringer & Alert Mode.

Only a minor flaw.. I know... but one nevertheless!!
Ads

Old 17-09-2003, 01:44 PM

Bugs - A920 Destop Suite not recognising USB connected phone

I've installed the software as instructed, tried a few different usb ports, and still no connection. Am running Windows 2000 Professional, and the only error message i'm getting is from mRouter, who says:

'it is not possible to enable the port, as it may be in use by another application'.

any ideas?

Also i don't have the full sounds menu, nor does my infrared work. Not to mention lack of Bluetooth, which i'm confident we'll see before this phone is overtaken by another model of itself!

R

Old 17-09-2003, 03:48 PM

Im convinced that within 6 months, this handset will live up to its potential.

MP3's skip and crackle when I am using the handset, particularly when browsing 3 services (if you can call it browsing!).

Your USB prob.. did you have any other software for mobiles installed? I had similar prob, cos I had software for my 7650 installed and had multiple mrouter instances causing conflicts.

I uninstalled both apps, and started from scratch and all was ok.. albeit a bit slow when transferring MP3s... but I can live with that, its not somehting you have to do on a regular basis.

Old 22-09-2003, 08:54 AM

email doesn't work in 3g area.

multimedia messaging doesn't work in both 2g and 3g.

3 content often going down, just sits there `browsing`.

3 network often goes down but still shows `high`, i.e. in this state you think your connected ok but people get your voice mail and outgoing calls show call dropped immdiatley. no problem like this in 2g.

all network problems i suppose! not really allot wrong with the handset, hasn't crashed or rebooted yet.

as for the crackling mp3's the unit is only spec'd to 128kbit/s due to processing power remember! for high quality low bitrate try mp3PRO.

Old 27-09-2003, 05:40 PM
barga

Cant answer calls when keylock is active

almost every time when I have activated the keylock and the screen has gone black the phone refuses me to answer when I recive a voice call. An information window appers that says "In Use" and I have to try to unactivate the keylock and then answer.

I already missed alot of calls because of this! Anyone else havin the same problem?!

Oh yeah, the phone sometimes reboots when you connect the charger....

Version 11.11.00.00

Old 02-10-2003, 08:58 AM
qwerty

Angry "In Use"

The "In Use" error is really really anoying.

I sometimes can not even unlock my phone, with no incoming call. I have to try atleast four times because each attempt brings up this "In Use" error.

I feel this is becoming a serious issue for me, anyone else agree. It has only seemed to be a recent problem, I suspect it may have to do with certain programs, or over filling of the RAM, anyone have any suggestions?

Old 03-10-2003, 08:25 PM
NT moto

hi people,

i've had my A920 for about 3/4 weeks, and so far i'm very happy. however i'm not really that impressed with the 3 network uptime.
sending and receiving txt messages is fine.. sending and receiving MMS is so far impossible. i can some times send a MMS, but it never arrives at the receiver.. and i have not received a MMS either, even though i've had people try sending me MMS txts.

i have noticed the phone everyso often throw out a error code.. i shall try and note them down and post them on this site.

having said the has just reset itself while i was on the phone :(

One thing is for sure, the phone is better than my 9210.

NT

Old 10-10-2003, 12:56 PM
smirre

Hi,

my firmware version: 11.11.00.00

Is it possible that the first '11' is the Version and the next eleven is the language?

Yours,

Reini

Old 11-10-2003, 08:17 PM
NT moto

hi, just a quick update on error messages:

program home
reason code E32USER-CBase
reason number 63

Program Messaging
Reason code CONE
Reason number 14

the version i have is 11.11.000.00

i thought i could put up with the dropped calls and the phone resetting half way through a call. but i'm getting alittle peed off with the 3G network and mobile phone reliability.

NT

Old 14-10-2003, 03:13 AM
Unregistereds

Barga,

turn off the auto phone lock.
lock the phone manual by pushing shortcut and game B key.
phone should respond better to calls using this method

Old 14-10-2003, 03:17 AM
Unregistereds

smirre
no its not possible.
its the rev number thats all.
it started at 9.0.0
when the A925 comes out it will be 21.34.32
this will work with the A920. they are same insides. you just have to have the newer bootloader. 01.1.45 and up.
to check this remove battery. while holding down the two game keys put the battery back in. the data displayed will give you the bootloader number.