All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-01-2005, 10:19 AM

MarkG is on a distinguished road
Max Bluetooth Connections on 6600

Hi all,

Am new to the forum so be gentle..

I have had a search through but am unable to find an answer to my question.
I need to know if there is any way of having more than 1 simultaneous connection with a Nokia 6600.

Basically, i am using TomTom Mobile with a bluetooth GPS reciever, and want to also connect my bluetooth headset at the same time to handle calls.

When connected to the TomTom kit, and try to then make a connection to the headset, it says max connections already in use..

Is there any way i can change this..??

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Old 18-01-2005, 10:50 AM

zainman is on a distinguished road
A friend on another forum shared this with us & I think people on here will benefit from it to.

Bluetooth Enhancer.

Basically it allows more than one BT connection to the phone, so far I have managed to have my GPS unit and headset working at the same time.

I have written some instructions on how I paired both units as so far I am yet to find any other information on the app.

What I have done is this :-

1. Do not have the phone BT settings set to authorised on the connections, leave it so you have to say yes or no.

2. Turn on your GPS unit for instance then open up the BT Extender from your menu and choose Discover Devices. It should come up with a list of BT devices, I only have one on at present to thats all that comes up, in this case TomTom Wireless GPS.

3. Now Click back which appears to exit BT Extender. Then start your GPS Navigation or BlueSky etc. and within that app connect to your GPS unit.

4. Open BT Extender once more & choose Options Start Slave, it will show waiting for connection.
Now turn on your (in my case) BT Headset. The phone will ask if you want to accept the connection, choose yes.

If all goes well your Headset will beep and you'll be running two bluetooth connections at the same time.

It isn't a dead simple process as there is no staright option to connect to this unit and this unit, you have to do it in a certain sequence for it to work. But it can be done with time and patience, I am still getting in wrong now. I wrote some instructions and had to go back and re-write them again

This little application shows to us that the ability is there, it just isn't implemented in the firmware.
Come on Nokia, wake up!!!!

i have the application but i dont know if i should upload it.. maybe it is a crack.. a friend gave it to me, it has been tried with the 7610 also.. if a moderator will give me the green light then i will be happy to upload the application

Old 21-01-2005, 04:02 AM

lakeywhite is on a distinguished road
Any news on where we can get this helpful piece of software yet?

Old 21-01-2005, 06:04 AM

zainman is on a distinguished road
i have it.. but even my friend does not know where it came from.. its a small app.. maybe some author developed it for his own use and gave it to someone and since then it has passed on..

Old 21-01-2005, 04:37 PM

4michaej is on a distinguished road
Max Bluetooth Connections

Hi

I am having the exact same problem. I have taken my phone in to Carphone Warehouse to have a firmware upgrade on the Nokia 6600, as it is still under warranty, hopefully this may help.

If anyone could forward me a copy of the Bluetooth enhancer / entender to john@michaelfamily.co.uk , I would be extremley grateful.

Kind regards

John
Ads

Old 13-02-2005, 06:35 PM

Zilla is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Hello,

I also I'm getting same prob with all of my Nokia phones!! Sometimes it just connect but 99% it doesn't work. Max Number of connections reached when there are only 2-3 disconnected devices in my BT paired List!! I've a Nokia HS-4W Headset!! Can someone of ypu send me the BT expander app @ dexzilla@hotmail.com I'l really appreciate it!! As I'm "not" able to use my Headset @ all!! Thx for all and bye !!

Old 13-02-2005, 09:46 PM

lakeywhite is on a distinguished road
This is not a problem a firmware upgrade can fix, phones at the moment can really only connect to one thing at a time. This application mentioned is available free from here it has been developed by someone as an example, but from what I can work out it needs two active devices (ones that can be user controlled, not like gps inits or headsets that will just listen for a bluetooth connection)
The instructions are included in the zip file, if you can get it to work in the way you want then post the results here.

Old 15-02-2005, 07:59 AM

reza_243 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeywhite
This is not a problem a firmware upgrade can fix, phones at the moment can really only connect to one thing at a time. This application mentioned is available free from here it has been developed by someone as an example, but from what I can work out it needs two active devices (ones that can be user controlled, not like gps inits or headsets that will just listen for a bluetooth connection)
The instructions are included in the zip file, if you can get it to work in the way you want then post the results here.
it says

Due to U.S. Export Administration Regulations, you are not authorized to download this file. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

could you please gimme the file directly ?
sarshar_satriani@hotmail.com
thx a lot