All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 23-06-2009, 11:01 AM
air_salak air_salak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2
air_salak is on a distinguished road
N95 8G problems

Hi, I am not sure whether anyone of you face these problems. Please advice me the solutions if you know how to solve it.

1. I can't transfer file via bluetooth from another phone. The error message is write failed. I can send out files to other phone though.

2. I installed Nokia PC Suite on my Win Vista. I try to add the the phone. I manage to pair it, but then receive this error: Aunthetication Failed.

3. I can't locate my wife settings. From the user manual, i should go to Menu-->Tools-->WLAN Wiz. But i can't see WLAN Wiz.

If you know any solution to any of the problems above, do let me know. Thanks.

  #2  
Old 24-06-2009, 01:10 AM
fz75 fz75 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
fz75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by air_salak View Post
Hi, I am not sure whether anyone of you face these problems. Please advice me the solutions if you know how to solve it.

1. I can't transfer file via bluetooth from another phone. The error message is write failed. I can send out files to other phone though.

2. I installed Nokia PC Suite on my Win Vista. I try to add the the phone. I manage to pair it, but then receive this error: Aunthetication Failed.

3. I can't locate my wife settings. From the user manual, i should go to Menu-->Tools-->WLAN Wiz. But i can't see WLAN Wiz.

If you know any solution to any of the problems above, do let me know. Thanks.
BIG problems I have:

The browser opens quickly, but when I start clicking the links in the website, it will hung there, and message "no remote gateway".

1. I tried to close the browser, it would freeze.
2. I tried to search the wireless-lan again, it freezes.
3. I reset it several times, same thing.
4. I re-install update, no luck.
5. I reset without restore, same thing happened.

Have not set up email yet. The way it goes I am about to sell it and try my luck somewhere else.

  #3  
Old 24-06-2009, 01:33 PM
fz75 fz75 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
fz75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz75 View Post
BIG problems I have:

The browser opens quickly, but when I start clicking the links in the website, it will hung there, and message "no remote gateway".

1. I tried to close the browser, it would freeze.
2. I tried to search the wireless-lan again, it freezes.
3. I reset it several times, same thing.
4. I re-install update, no luck.
5. I reset without restore, same thing happened.

Have not set up email yet. The way it goes I am about to sell it and try my luck somewhere else.
never mind. reinstalled again, fresh start eorked.

  #4  
Old 24-06-2009, 02:24 PM
jApi NL's Avatar
jApi NL jApi NL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,146
jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Corrupted File

@air_salak . How long do you use the phone , and since when do you have this problem ? It might be an corupted file . In case of a corrupted file , you can do a reset or a fresh firmware installation .
About resetting the phone , see this thread : http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=81021
Remember always make a Backup , to save your data .

Reagrds jApi NL

  #5  
Old 25-06-2009, 06:37 AM
air_salak air_salak is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2
air_salak is on a distinguished road
Thanks jApi NL,

Just started to use it recently. Yes i will reinstall and will see what happen. Thanks.

  #6  
Old 26-06-2009, 09:58 PM
fz75 fz75 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
fz75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jApi NL View Post
@air_salak . How long do you use the phone , and since when do you have this problem ? It might be an corupted file . In case of a corrupted file , you can do a reset or a fresh firmware installation .
About resetting the phone , see this thread : http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=81021
Remember always make a Backup , to save your data .

Reagrds jApi NL
Problem cam back again after I re-install RDM plus and worldmate.

The browser will start a lot quicker than b4, but as I went out of the range of the wifi, then come back again, the browser will freeze and cause the phone to freeze as well. Don't know if everyone has the same problem?

Anyway, now I am removing most everything using application manager and re-install everything again. hopefully the browser issue will be resolved.

  #7  
Old 26-06-2009, 10:25 PM
jApi NL's Avatar
jApi NL jApi NL is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,146
jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Multi-tasking

It looks like you are using to many Web - served Applications at the same time ? If so : open only when needed and close right after .

Regards jApi NL

  #8  
Old 27-06-2009, 07:38 PM
fz75 fz75 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 4
fz75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jApi NL View Post
It looks like you are using to many Web - served Applications at the same time ? If so : open only when needed and close right after .

Regards jApi NL
Unbelievable! Many re-installation and the problem persist!l

Before the latest upgrade thei week, I was bale to open max. 5 windows from the browser, in the same time ran other web-based programs, as well as accessing my email account ion the same time.

Meanwhile, the power consumption increased dramatically! Only last 50% of how it used to be now!!

Now this update just complete crap the machine out! Is there anyway to restore the s60 back to what it was with the last firmware. I read somewhere that is is not possible...

If Nokia is listening, the latest firmware available V31.2.008 completely stinks!! for every one out there, I strongly advise DO NOT UPGRADE!

Last edited by fz75; 29-06-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Ads

  #9  
Old 13-03-2010, 09:53 PM
vostro vostro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7
vostro is on a distinguished road
having same issue, i upgraded the system software as soon i got the phone, never knew what N95 's wifi mangement was like bfeore :(

let me know if there is a fix.
 

Bookmarks

Tags
n95, problems

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
N95 8GB - GPS problems chris3lx Nokia N95 and N95 8GB 25 13-04-2009 06:52 PM
N95 8Gb, problems with keys zaphodmcmillan Nokia N95 and N95 8GB 2 24-03-2009 10:20 AM
Using the 3g on N95 8GB to connect a laptop via USB problems joropug Nokia N95 and N95 8GB 0 04-03-2009 06:34 PM
Problems with the N95 on Orange? trebius Nokia N95 and N95 8GB 6 03-07-2008 02:00 PM
n95 8gb navigation problems frankie123 Nokia N95 and N95 8GB 3 20-11-2007 11:04 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:29 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy