All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-06-2007, 04:08 AM

rakem is on a distinguished road
changing product code and firmware

Recently bought a n95 from ebay. Little did i know when i bought it it was a model from Hong kong. Im in Australia and it doesnt have any Australian access points set up or anything like that.

If i change the product code to the Australian code then update the firmware to v11 will that give me the Australian Access points and all that stuff?

thanks

Old 29-06-2007, 04:52 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer Um .. Access Points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakem View Post
Recently bought a n95 from ebay. Little did i know when i bought it it was a model from Hong kong. Im in Australia and it doesnt have any Australian access points set up or anything like that.

If i change the product code to the Australian code then update the firmware to v11 will that give me the Australian Access points and all that stuff?

thanks
ok first upgrading is a great idea ..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN9eRlddfH0 << my Youtube vid IF you need to change the product code.
Read the text it has links to all the apps you need.

next Access points ? do you mean Australian maps with Points of Interest?
you need the maploader .. download the Australian map - since the new maploader has new maps to go with it. Upgrading the firmware with Austrlalian code will give you the Aussie map (but I think its loaded by default on all of the codes) - but its not the current version.

Good luck!

Old 29-06-2007, 04:57 AM

na i dont mean for maps i mean for things like MMS and internet access, it only has three access points that i can choose from, which are CSL MMS & CSL Data, CSL WAP.

On my old phone (n73) for my MMS and Internet settings I have the access points set to Virgin MMS and Virgin WAP. None of these are listed on the n95
Ads

Old 29-06-2007, 06:00 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer ahh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakem View Post
na i dont mean for maps i mean for things like MMS and internet access, it only has three access points that i can choose from, which are CSL MMS & CSL Data, CSL WAP.

On my old phone (n73) for my MMS and Internet settings I have the access points set to Virgin MMS and Virgin WAP. None of these are listed on the n95
sounds like your service provider - packet service.
CSL a local supplier? it'll be related to the SIM card in the phone. so if you wanna experiment .. put your N73 SIM into your N95

good luck!

Old 29-06-2007, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seki View Post
sounds like your service provider - packet service.
CSL a local supplier? it'll be related to the SIM card in the phone. so if you wanna experiment .. put your N73 SIM into your N95

good luck!

yea thats whats in there at the moment. I have never heard of CSL. It should list a bunch of Virgin providers since its a virgin sim card....