All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-11-2004, 05:12 PM

ruirocha is on a distinguished road
Cant update my Sendo x

I have the portuguese version of sendo and now i have one more problem. I cant do the last firmware update. I do everything that is written ( drivers etc) and in the download mode , the phone is ok with the connection no errors( green icons) , but when i start the update in my computer i receive this error
***DOWNLOAD FAILED***

Download error has been encountered, please disconnect and reconnect the cable from your Sendo X Smartphone and press Continue to try again.
Make sure your Sendo X Smartphone is in download mode.

I have tried in other computer but with the same error.
I had update my sendo with a beta firmware http://www.telefon-treff.de/forumdis...?forumid=10%20 and it was completed with the sdcard method and it was ok.
Please help me ....
Thanks

Old 28-11-2004, 02:55 PM

ruirocha is on a distinguished road
no one can help me???

Old 06-12-2004, 08:35 AM

boogieindubai is on a distinguished road
i got the same problem!!!!

hmm now that i got the 60 fw, i cant install it on my x:( i turned of norton, and the windows firewwall but still when i try updatin the x the program tells me it cant detect the x and that i should take the usb wire out, reconnect it and stuff. i didnt have this problem the first time i updated the x (fw50). xp detects my x perfectly with the mrouter suite but when i put my phone in download mode it doesnt work, on the x screen it even gives me the green signs, but when i try updatin it, theres a red dot blinkin next to the pc thingy on the x screen, then the usb thingy on the small pc monitor on the x screen goes red then back to green.
anybody have any clue whats up with this and how i can fix it??????
thanx and thanx again to mart(who is really good )

Old 06-12-2004, 10:13 AM

hmm i was wonderin if i cant upload my x thru usb cuz i did this mmc update a few weeks ago. if thats true then how come i still couldnt do the usb update after i did the hard reset( 5 + turn on key)

Old 06-12-2004, 10:51 AM

mart_is_good is on a distinguished road
If its any help I got this when trying to use the UK release on my French one. Are you sure you have the right variants? In the end I used the Portuguese release on mine with no troubles.

Old 06-12-2004, 11:16 AM

hmm i have no idea why it didnt work, but i got an mmc version from ftp.talkabout.de (name> gast, password>> passwort). u just have to copy the 4 files that are zipped to ur mmc, turn ur x on and it starts updatin, i hear it works on all versions of x.
i just installed it on my x and am restartin it right now.... waitin ...waitin... waitin, well my phone does work, cant really notice alot of differences thou. maybe i have to play with it more to see what bugs have been fixed and what not
thanx for hellpin me out anyways mart

Old 06-12-2004, 07:40 PM

Magic Frankie is on a distinguished road
windows folder

Hi guys,

I've had the same problem, because I kept trying to initiate the upgrade by doucle clicking on the Update Icon on my pc's desktop....

So you better try this:

After downloading the fw upgrade extracts its self to C:\SendoXUpdate . There you can double click 'SendoXUpdate.exe' ..... et voila!

I hope this will solve your problem....

regards, Frank

Old 18-01-2005, 03:48 PM

PetrG is on a distinguished road
Question File for SD/MMC update

Hi guys,
please does anybody still have Build_60.zip downloaded from ftp.talkabout.de???
It is not on the server anymore ... and I would like to try it (problem with wrong SPN and disconnecting official updates) and Sendo support didn't help me

Thanks

Old 19-01-2005, 08:50 AM

euphoriauk is on a distinguished road
What SPN have you got?
Also, have you followed the instructions on the FAQ and attached PDF http://sendo.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/se...ted=1105519607

Old 19-01-2005, 03:25 PM

My SPN: 8Y0H-0X171-0X001
I have tried almost everything, except SD/MMC update, of course I have tried RTFM as well.

Old 20-01-2005, 08:43 AM

euphoriauk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrG
My SPN: 8Y0H-0X171-0X001
I have tried almost everything, except SD/MMC update, of course I have tried RTFM as well.
That sales pack number (SPN) is not listed on available downloads hence why you can't update. Contact Sendo and ask why that SPN isn't listed via http://sendo.custhelp.com
Ads

Old 20-01-2005, 11:07 AM

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for your effort ... do you really think I haven't tried it before
It was written im my first post ... that is why I'm looking for the other way to update.
My SPN belongs to some "Sample-Not for resale" piece of Sendo X ... I've bought it from advert and have no chance to give it back

Old 20-01-2005, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

stuclark is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It was written im my first post ... that is why I'm looking for the other way to update.
My SPN belongs to some "Sample-Not for resale" piece of Sendo X ... I've bought it from advert and have no chance to give it back
In that case - have you tried the Expansys Distribution firmware? - I hear that's pretty unlocked, so should install on a lot of handsets not covered by other specific firmwares

Old 20-01-2005, 02:21 PM

Yes, as a first one, because my SPN is the most similar to the Expansys one ;-)

Old 22-01-2005, 08:43 AM

plinkykev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ahhh... You have an evaluation version. That will not be able to be updated from the website, as those units are for trade / developers, who get the updates in a different way. It's a bit naughty however that they sold it - I would be interested in knowing more about this!

You could send in the handset (PM me) for an update, but other than that, sorry, it is not a "commercial" unit, so it not really covered.

For others who cannot update, please try all options. However, if the battery died during the update, or the cable came out during flashing, then it can be stuck in this state, and would need returning to a service centre. And, before Sendo are flamed about this, please be aware that this happens on other hardware too - I've killed an iPAQ this way, and see the SX1 thread here in AAS for the MANY users there who've managed to kill their SX1's. If the whole memory is being updated, and something happens in the middle of it, it can only do so much if something goes wrong. Sometimes recovery is possible, sometimes it is not.
So, USE A FULL BATTERY and keep kids / pets / younger brothers and sisters AWAY from the USB cable, and don't be tempted to "see what happens" if you unplug the cable yourself!

pk