All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-01-2005, 01:24 PM
MAJ25

Tinny sound and long delays...

Ok here goes with another gripe about this phone!! I hate moaning about it cos I love it really, but it annoys the hell out of me at times. I've been noticing recently that the sound from the speakers is getting really 'tinny'. At first I thought maybe I'd got something in the speakers - like water or something, although I couldnt recall dropping the phone in a puddle or the bath!

Anyway this was happening with the mp3 player and the ringing tone. Both were very quiet - even when turned up to the highest volume setting it faded in and out and was unstable. (i checked the settings by the way to make sure it wasnt set to meeting before anyone asks).

So I was thinking damm - I have to replace this thing if it continues. I turned it off and on again - thinking this might fix the problem and voila... it did.... well kind of . It still happens occassionally. What's going wrong???? Its still a bit tinny sounding but at least the volume hasnt gone completely, which means its unlikely to be damaged. This must therefore be another firmware bug. Its usually cured by turning the phone off and on again - the best way to cure most of this phones problems I find.

The other day I noticed all my personalised panes had vanised and had been replaced by the default panes - for no aparent reason?? This phone has a mind of its own.

I am fed up with this phone... its such a shame because it does so much and should be so much better than all the other phones of a similar build if only it wasnt for the tempermental firmware. Come on Vodafone and Sendo - PLEASE get your act together. We're all left with unstable phones that desperately need updating. This is really bad service - read all the gripes about this phone on this forum and listen. Forget the themes - thats just cosmetic, most of us just want a reliable phone that does what it claims to do.

Is it just me or does everyone have to wait 6 seconds (yes a whole 6 seconds) between pressing menu and the menu appearing. This is SO annoying. It happens on pretty much all the buttons you press - the response time is terrible waiting for applications to load. I have a 256mb card in mine. I'm thinking of upgrading this - can anyone tell me (honestly) does a better memory card improve the phones overall performance. Would a good 512mb card make the phone more stable and what should I get? Your experiences welcome.

Old 19-01-2005, 02:30 PM

ganymed is on a distinguished road
I am not sure if i understood your problem, but you can solve the problem with the sound by changing your profile to the 1st profile (i don`t know how its named in UK).

Old 19-01-2005, 03:12 PM
cfodesign

"...Forget the themes - thats just cosmetic, most of us just want a reliable phone that does what it claims to do. "

This is my firth SENDO phone. SENDO anunces that phone it's best then the others "NOKIA SERIES 60" SEE MORE; HEAR MORE; CONNECT MORE; DO MORE[i]

But with my experience, about 3 month with the SENDO X, the only thing that the SENDO do MORE is: BUG MORE; DISCONECT MORE; DON'T SEE MORE; SLOW MORE; AND LESS; AND LESS; AND LESS

So I'm very desaponted whid SENDO. (I buy the SENDO X at the FNAC Portuguese store for 435€ - at the same time in the same store they have the NOKIA 6600 for 285€
FOR LESS MONEY A BETTER PHONE

Old 19-01-2005, 03:24 PM
MAJ25

So I'm sure you can add to my 101 things to do with your unwanted x post!!!!!
Ads

Old 20-01-2005, 08:47 AM

euphoriauk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJ25

Ok here goes with another gripe about this phone!! I hate moaning about it cos I love it really, but it annoys the hell out of me at times. I've been noticing recently that the sound from the speakers is getting really 'tinny'. At first I thought maybe I'd got something in the speakers - like water or something, although I couldnt recall dropping the phone in a puddle or the bath!

Anyway this was happening with the mp3 player and the ringing tone. Both were very quiet - even when turned up to the highest volume setting it faded in and out and was unstable. (i checked the settings by the way to make sure it wasnt set to meeting before anyone asks).

So I was thinking damm - I have to replace this thing if it continues. I turned it off and on again - thinking this might fix the problem and voila... it did.... well kind of . It still happens occassionally. What's going wrong???? Its still a bit tinny sounding but at least the volume hasnt gone completely, which means its unlikely to be damaged. This must therefore be another firmware bug. Its usually cured by turning the phone off and on again - the best way to cure most of this phones problems I find.

The other day I noticed all my personalised panes had vanised and had been replaced by the default panes - for no aparent reason?? This phone has a mind of its own.

I am fed up with this phone... its such a shame because it does so much and should be so much better than all the other phones of a similar build if only it wasnt for the tempermental firmware. Come on Vodafone and Sendo - PLEASE get your act together. We're all left with unstable phones that desperately need updating. This is really bad service - read all the gripes about this phone on this forum and listen. Forget the themes - thats just cosmetic, most of us just want a reliable phone that does what it claims to do.

Is it just me or does everyone have to wait 6 seconds (yes a whole 6 seconds) between pressing menu and the menu appearing. This is SO annoying. It happens on pretty much all the buttons you press - the response time is terrible waiting for applications to load. I have a 256mb card in mine. I'm thinking of upgrading this - can anyone tell me (honestly) does a better memory card improve the phones overall performance. Would a good 512mb card make the phone more stable and what should I get? Your experiences welcome.
I don't have those problems, contact the sendo service centre so they can inspect it.
http://www.sendo.com/support/service.asp