All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-01-2005, 03:20 AM

devarshi84 is on a distinguished road
Wink sendo x v/s siemens s65 and themes

hey guys,
am new here. used to have a siemens sx1 for a long time before i sold it recently. am in search for a new mobile phone now. I have narrowed down my choice to just two mobile phones the siemens s65( dunno why but still after all the problems I am influenced by german engineering and it is growing on me) and sendo x( coz i have heard about the graphix processor and the sonix speakers) . have heard shit and crap ab8 both the phones. but have to buy one of this. can you please suggest?

secondly can any1 tell me whether themes are available for the sendo openly yet. I have read something about hte .sis theme files . here in the forum . please reply.

thank you.
cheers
Ads

Old 07-01-2005, 09:47 AM

euphoriauk is on a distinguished road
Sendo have already released some additional FREE themes via http://www.sendo.com/smartphones/downloads.asp
They have advised they are currently investigating the possibility of further options for themes - commercial, developer software etc. but no decision has been made yet

Old 07-01-2005, 10:15 AM

boogieindubai is on a distinguished road
my bro-in-law has a siemens s65, i must say if the lightning situation is perfect then it can take really good pics(mega-pixcam). and to be honest with u it looks and feels better in ur hand than the x.
on the other hand for me the s65 isnt as advanced as the x. the x after all is a smartphone. if u had a sx1 b4 then i dont really understand how u can move back to a "dumbphone"
i luv the fact that i can control my phone from my pc and my pc from my phone, i can use my x and change songs in winamp.
yes the x does have a few bugs(people seem to exaggerate all the bad things about the x but never mention all the good factors about it)
i bought my x 3mons ago, if i were to buy a new phone today then it would definetly be the x again. if i were to buy a phone after a few months then it would NOT be the x(new phones with 265k color display and mega-pix cams comin out )
for me personally one of the best thing about x is that i have NEVER seen anybodyelse runnin around with another x , so it sure is exclusive(Atleast in this part of the world)

Old 07-01-2005, 12:14 PM

suburbian69 is on a distinguished road
Well, I currently own an SX1, S65, and Sendo X (plus a P900)

I'm using the Sendo X as my main phone largely because I'm a commuter who wants to listen to music on the way to work and the range of features is excellent. The SX1 is obviously very similar but I've found compatibility problems with a lot of Series 60 software on the SX1 that all works perfectly (so far) on the Sendo X, which is why it's my current phone of choice.

The S65 is a nice phone but it's lack of MP3 or radio, and larger size makes me jealous of my fiancee's K700i at times, especially at the K700i's screen is so much better than the S65 screen. At least my camera is better!

It's nearly impossible to compare a smartphone with a normal phone though... they're both good phones, just different.

Old 07-01-2005, 07:22 PM

thank you all of us .

am goiung from a good fone to a phone of level coz previously was working while studying now only studying.

secondly comparing coz siemens s65 and sendo x cost almost same.

can anybodyt tell me where i can get sendo x for cheap. all the places have different prices.

Old 07-01-2005, 07:26 PM

Smile

can anybody tell me whether the sonix sound and graphix display processor are really working and whether the change is visible nad audible.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:58 AM

plinkykev is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
can anybody tell me whether the sonix sound and graphix display processor are really working and whether the change is visible nad audible.
The headset for the X is a stereo unit and very good. The speaker system is good too, and is fairly loud for a handset - see other posts by users in the forum for their comments, which seem to be fairly favourable.

The graphix chip performance can best be seen when using the camera / camcorder, which has a very clear and crisp screen, with high refresh rate.

pk