All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 15-01-2003, 05:03 AM

Zeus is on a distinguished road
[New] SmartAnswer - answering machine for Nokia series 60.

Enhance your device with one of the most powerful features you can imagine: an Answering Machine based on your own Smartphone. Do not waste money for your voice box anymore!

SmartAnswer doesn't have microphone mute bug!!!

There are two views in the program: Ans. machine & Msg. player. You can switch between them with left and right joystick keys.

Ans. machine view:

Here you can see ans. machine state: turned off, waiting for a call, incoming call, playing greeting message, or recording message.

In this view you can also see your messages brief statistics, the number of unheard messages and an approximate number of messages that can be recorded (calculated as a ratio of free disk space to max. message size)

You can turn on and turn off the answering machine here. When the answering machine is turned on, you can see always-on-top small indicator in the right top most corner of the screen. This indicator will be visible in all apps as well when SmartAnswer is minimized.

Msg. player view:

Here you can see list of messages. All unheard messages are shown in Bold font. Messages without message file are shown red (e.g. if message file itself was removed with a file explorer outside SmartAnswer).

In this view you can play a message, call the person who has left the message immediately. When message is being played you may change its volume by joystick (left/right).

Note: for storing messages we use AMR sound format. This format is highly compressed and best suits answering machine needs especially taking into consideration the fact that Smartphone is limited in disk space.

You can get detailed message information here by selecting message properties. Here you can see message status (heard, unheard), call date/time, left message duration, whole call duration, name of the caller (if his/her name was found in your contacts), phone number (if determined), and file name where this message is stored now.

There are some more commands in advanced menu: Refresh - refreshes list of messages, delete message, delete all messages and pack messages. When packing all messages without corresponding message file are deleted (they're shown red)

Program settings:

Here you can define:
- Greeting message. This is the file played when the answering machine picks up the receiver. You may select your file with built-in file browser, record a message file right here, replay the message. When playing the message you can change the message volume by joystick (left/right)
- Disk for recording incoming messages. For Nokia 7650 it's drive c only.
- 'Pick up after' option. Here you can define time (mm:ss) when answering machine has to pick up the receiver.
- 'Max. length' option. Here you define max. length of the incoming message. After this time answering machine hangs up the receiver automatically.

Having setup finished press Done. To cancel the changes made press Options/Cancel.

Trial version works for 15 days without any limitation.

Old 15-01-2003, 05:06 AM

Zeus is on a distinguished road
P.s.

P.s. To get more information or to download the trial version please visit:

http://www.symbianware.com/product.php?id=sanswer60&lang=en&pl=s60&am p;s=0

Old 15-01-2003, 05:52 AM

seanmiguel is on a distinguished road
hi zeus! i did beta test for sAnswer and have given some reports to Inga. however havent heard any updates from her regarding this. i can see you've change the wav recording to .amr that's really cool! 8) do you know if some of the things i reported have been fixed in this version?

Old 15-01-2003, 06:43 AM

strats is on a distinguished road
Great work Zeus....
The latest Beta from Inga is excellent, as seanmiguel said, the AMR format over WAV is really good.
Keep up the good work

Old 15-01-2003, 11:34 AM

Hera is on a distinguished road
Moderators, please heeelp! Please move SmartAnswer to News section

To our betatesters - many thanks for your help! Sorry, we had to publish new version last night (I guess you understand why 8) ), but your comments are still highly welcome - we're working on some improvements. I'm sending new version to all of you right now.

Old 15-01-2003, 12:42 PM

cwleo8888 is on a distinguished road
really cool application. I remember there is one previously, can't remember from where that doesn't work on my 7650. This one really works, good when i'm on meeting or busy, someone can leave me message or if I don't want to pick up the phone just silent it and it will start recording.

Old 15-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Hera,

(1) Topic moved to news as requested ;-) That'll be a nice bottle of Glenmorangie in the post please.

(2) I'm surprised that you let yourself get 'bounced' into releasing an applicaion that appears to still be in beta test... sure you might have been afraid of sales, but being honest I don;t think you had anythign to worry about. A short forum post here saying, it's coming but we'll release it in our timescale probably would have got the majority to hold off and judge them together. Ah welll.
-- Twitter: @ewan

Old 15-01-2003, 01:29 PM

Hera is on a distinguished road
Ewan, this is for you

2) SmartAnswer was tested for two weeks up to now and our betatesters haven't found any bugs in the last version, we were working on additional suggestions only.

Old 15-01-2003, 03:03 PM

Giz'on is on a distinguished road
I have a cool cool idead for you.
most of my contact have thumnails attached, maybe on the messages screen we will also see a pic of the guy who left the meassage. could be cool!

can i be a beta tester in the future?
i now my english isn't that great but i know everything about the 7650.

Gidein

.:www.Pocket.co.il:.

Old 16-01-2003, 12:48 AM

seanmiguel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hera
Ewan, this is for you

2) SmartAnswer was tested for two weeks up to now and our betatesters haven't found any bugs in the last version, we were working on additional suggestions only.
yup, true, when i was beta testing there were no major probs nor bugs, there was nothing like crashing the phone or getting the WSOD! there were some improvements with the last version but im sure most of them were answered in this commercial release!

nice job Inga and the rest of symbianware! keep it up!

Old 29-07-2005, 11:52 AM
DJ-phoenix

Talking searcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus
Enhance your device with one of the most powerful features you can imagine: an Answering Machine based on your own Smartphone. Do not waste money for your voice box anymore!

SmartAnswer doesn't have microphone mute bug!!!

There are two views in the program: Ans. machine & Msg. player. You can switch between them with left and right joystick keys.

Ans. machine view:

Here you can see ans. machine state: turned off, waiting for a call, incoming call, playing greeting message, or recording message.

In this view you can also see your messages brief statistics, the number of unheard messages and an approximate number of messages that can be recorded (calculated as a ratio of free disk space to max. message size)

You can turn on and turn off the answering machine here. When the answering machine is turned on, you can see always-on-top small indicator in the right top most corner of the screen. This indicator will be visible in all apps as well when SmartAnswer is minimized.

Msg. player view:

Here you can see list of messages. All unheard messages are shown in Bold font. Messages without message file are shown red (e.g. if message file itself was removed with a file explorer outside SmartAnswer).

In this view you can play a message, call the person who has left the message immediately. When message is being played you may change its volume by joystick (left/right).

Note: for storing messages we use AMR sound format. This format is highly compressed and best suits answering machine needs especially taking into consideration the fact that Smartphone is limited in disk space.

You can get detailed message information here by selecting message properties. Here you can see message status (heard, unheard), call date/time, left message duration, whole call duration, name of the caller (if his/her name was found in your contacts), phone number (if determined), and file name where this message is stored now.

There are some more commands in advanced menu: Refresh - refreshes list of messages, delete message, delete all messages and pack messages. When packing all messages without corresponding message file are deleted (they're shown red)

Program settings:

Here you can define:
- Greeting message. This is the file played when the answering machine picks up the receiver. You may select your file with built-in file browser, record a message file right here, replay the message. When playing the message you can change the message volume by joystick (left/right)
- Disk for recording incoming messages. For Nokia 7650 it's drive c only.
- 'Pick up after' option. Here you can define time (mm:ss) when answering machine has to pick up the receiver.
- 'Max. length' option. Here you define max. length of the incoming message. After this time answering machine hangs up the receiver automatically.

Having setup finished press Done. To cancel the changes made press Options/Cancel.

Trial version works for 15 days without any limitation.

Old 27-01-2007, 01:35 AM
Unregistered

Smile is there ans.machine for java?

is there ans.machine for java? or the same like ans.mechine?
thanks
Ads

Old 06-02-2007, 08:29 AM

samson56 is on a distinguished road
answer machince

I'm looking for a good answer machine for a nokia n73

Old 30-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

bala

thankssssssssssssss

Old 25-04-2008, 06:21 PM

hatemnabil is on a distinguished road