All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Evernote for Symbian live and usable

An Evernote client has been a constant request in the Symbian ecosystem for many months now and, late last year, a Web runtime version turned up, optimised for the Nokia N97 and compatibles. This has been regularly updated and, with version 1.0.70302, released last night in the USA, has reached the point where I can start to recommend it to the wider world. See below for screens, comments and some links.

Read on in the full article.

Old 13-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

Does not work on 5800

The Evernote S60 client does not work on the 5800. After entering username and password, the widget asks for which access point to use, and then just closes. No error message or any indication of what might be wrong. I have tried several times. I immediately uninstalled it, don't want to waste 2.5 MB(!) of precious phone memory.
Ads

Old 13-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

I agree. I tried a bunch of times on the 5800, no luck. The previous version 69848 works fine.

Old 13-01-2010, 04:14 PM

Driq is on a distinguished road
AAS....Nokia 5800 firmware v40.0.005 was released today.Please report on that.
sorry for putting it at the wrong place.

Old 13-01-2010, 04:16 PM

royster70 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Good Stuff: Works on N97

The first time I attempted to login resulted in application closing (like the owners of the 5800's), however it did fire up ok on the 2nd attempt

Thanks for update, have been using Evernote on the web for quite a while and had no idea they had been working on a Symbian WRT

Old 13-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

Now working on 5800

I'm the one who first reported that it didn't work on the 5800. I uninstalled, upgraded APIBridge, and re-installed. That did the trick.

Sadly, however, IMHO the application is not good enough yet. I deleted it after 15 minutes of testing, and will eagerly await updates and improvements.

Old 13-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
See also this blog post about the same subject: great minds think alike?

Also note that if Evernote doesn't work for you, or if you have trouble including (for example) Camera images, you need to install the latest version of Nokia's APIBridge.

Old 13-01-2010, 11:09 PM

juwlz is on a distinguished road
Oh grrrr. Installed the (long-awaited) Evernote app on my N97 after I saw your Tweet last week, but couldn't sign into forum Nokia to get the API bridge, so not a lot worked. I've just had another go, and discovered - after getting it to reset my password AGAIN, and pasting in the new one - that the login won't work in Firefox (but is fine in IE <sigh>).

Julie

Old 16-01-2010, 12:30 PM

capitaine is on a distinguished road
Angry

works fine on the i8910 except you have to bloody login all the time!! If u leave the app in the background, it seems you have to restart it, and it doesn't keep your login so u have to sign in every time.

Old 17-01-2010, 03:14 PM

Jejoma is on a distinguished road
It only runs on my i8910 the first time it is installed. After that it closes every time I try to login.

When it did run the only "New" button that worked was new text note. The file reader opened the image folder but noly showed blank icons. No images, no file names.

Beta? Definitely an Alpha. Did I also mention how slow it was when it did work? The QT demos are more complete programs!

Old 17-01-2010, 03:19 PM

capitaine is on a distinguished road
hmm I have no such issues on my i8910.. dunno, maybe different fw? I'm on HX 1.62

Old 17-01-2010, 06:46 PM

juwlz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jejoma View Post
It only runs on my i8910 the first time it is installed. After that it closes every time I try to login.
Bear in mind that for now it's intended for the N97. Anything it actually runs on apart from that is a bonus.

Also, the documentation in the Evernote forum threads does say that you need to install the (Nokia) API bridge before installing Evernote to get any type of note other than a Text note to work, so it's not exactly surprising that it doesn't work on a non-Nokia phone without the API bridge installed.

Julie

Old 27-05-2010, 10:45 AM
thunderror

Unhappy Development

I guess the development of the widget has been stopped because of issues with the API bridge.

Old 28-05-2010, 05:30 AM

Micky! is on a distinguished road
I have been checking for updates in this app for quite a while, and its not once been updated sadly since launch.

Old 14-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

E90?

Will this work for the e90?