All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 31-10-2009, 01:33 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Hidden ?

@hannonlaw . Recently I came across a post of someone who did a complete Reset and Format . After reloading the Files from PC to the phone , the device didn't show music/video files . Investigating the problem it appeared all the files were set to hidden on the PC .....
Here is a post with a similar issue though : Music bug N97
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=89658

Maybe a hard reset will help you out : http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=86049

Regards jApi NL

Old 02-11-2009, 01:21 PM

thirda is on a distinguished road
Just a heads-up for those in the UK, it looks like 4 of the UK product codes now have 20.0.019 available for download via NSU (checked via Nokia site). Those are

0587691 (Carphone Warehouse Black)
0585162 (Generic Black)
0591861 (Comes with Music Black)
0591721 (Comes with Music White)

I'm not surprised that my own 0587240 (Generic White) isn't available yet; after all, it's SOOO different from the generic black model. It's got lots of extra features (several pieces of white plastic), but it's missing many other features (all the black plastic ones).

Sorry for the sarcasm, I'm a little frustrated!

Old 07-11-2009, 11:59 AM

mcpezza is on a distinguished road
0587240 on NSU this morning.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:01 PM

gemikon is on a distinguished road
Nokia podcasting problem

I have installed the v20 firmware and I have the following problem: I have downloaded 2 podcasts, lets call them Podcast A and Podcast B. When I go to Music / Podcasts I can see Podcast A with 3 episodes (instead of just one) and Podcast B with 1 episode (so this works fine). When I click on Podcast A (which says it has 3 episodes instead of just one) then it says that there are no podcasts... If I try to delete Podcasts A I get a "system error". Everything worked fine with the older firmware. So generally in Music/Podcasts it either shows podcasts that I do not have and cannot delete or does not show episodes that I have downloaded. All this has to do with the music application. The podcastsing application works fine...

Old 12-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoyt View Post
Negative for unlocked UK model, productcode 0585162
And this is still the case for me 12th Nov.
But my question is about the need to reformat the phone if ever I get the software.
AAS article recommends reformating, the discussion with the SW developers says this is unnecessary.
Does reformating the phone just clear the C drive or does it also wipe the mass memory (in my case the 15Gb of music files)?
RJB

Old 19-11-2009, 07:31 AM
Irsh

Unhappy N97 Music Player Bug

I was very excited until i updated my N97 with V20 firmware but now i am disappointed because the music player keeps on refreshing when i update the music library.. After i remove the battery and on the phone it shows the no of tracks but not the music on the player and when i do a hard reset it fixes the problem and it is not good solution.. Does anyone knows why this happens and suggest me how i could get rid of this problem????
Ads

Old 07-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Kororo

bluetooth issue with v2.0 NAM firmware

My N97 bluetooth used to work very well with my BMW built-in handfree bluetooth carkit. I was able to pair the phone and talk without any issue (well with the trick that you have to disable the auto sync feature). However, ever since I updated to the newest v.20 NAM firmware couple weeks ago. I couldn't successfully pair with my carkit anymore.

The symptom is like this.. once I start up the engine (carkit starts running) and switch on the bluetooth feature on N97, I do see a "connected to [device] successfully" message on my N97. I then see the icon indicating the phone has paired with my carkit on the top right hand corner of the screen. From the bmw's iDrive screen, I am also able to see the reception strength bar of N97. However, it only lasts for like 5~10 seconds, then the reception strength bar disappears (meaning it's no longer paired). The pairing icon on N97 is still there, and it stays there till you reset the phone, but it's not really paired anymore. It stays there even if you switch off the bluetooth feature. The call does not go through my carkit anymore.

is anyone here having the same issue as what I am encountering right now?

I do notice that Nokia had v.20 NAM firmware up for like couple days, then they took it down, probably because there are a lot of known issues. I could not rollback to the older firmware, unless I use those flash applications to program it myself. That's too much hassle. I probably will wait till Nokia puts back a new firmware.