All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

  #1  
Old 30-01-2008, 08:12 PM
doctorjeep71 doctorjeep71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 25
doctorjeep71 is on a distinguished road
No Firmware Relase for N73 anytime soon..

From Nokia Support:"

Thank you for e-mailing the Nokia Care Contact Center.

We understand your inquiry regarding whether there is a new firmware update coming for your Nokia N73 device and regret to hear that you are unhappy with your device.

Sir, at this time Nokia has not announced any plans for a new firmware release for your Nokia N73 device. However, if you continue to have the same issue with your Nokia N73 device, it may need to be reformatted. Please note that reformatting your device will erase all information from your device’s memory, but not your Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) card or memory card. We recommend backing up all information to either your SIM card, memory card, or personal computer (PC) before performing the reformat. Please do not remove the battery during the formatting process, as it may be dangerous to the firmware on your device. When you have backed up all your important information, please enter the following code into your device from the Start screen:

*#7370#

Thank you for choosing Nokia for your mobile needs.

E-mail Specialist
Nokia Inc.
Ads

  #2  
Old 30-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Steve_R's Avatar
Steve_R Steve_R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Warwickshire, England
Posts: 262
Steve_R is on a distinguished road
I thought a new F/W for the N73 was released a couple of weeks ago? What you need another one for?
__________________
M'Blog - http://thenokianetwork.com/

Frustrated Nokia fan, running an old skool E71

Follow Me on Twitter

  #3  
Old 30-01-2008, 11:28 PM
doctorjeep71 doctorjeep71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 25
doctorjeep71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
I thought a new F/W for the N73 was released a couple of weeks ago? What you need another one for?

the last official fw was released Oct 2007 - not a few weeks ago.

  #4  
Old 30-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Steve_R's Avatar
Steve_R Steve_R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Warwickshire, England
Posts: 262
Steve_R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjeep71 View Post
the last official fw was released Oct 2007 - not a few weeks ago.
Dated a couple of weeks ago.....

http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/00...are_update.htm
__________________
M'Blog - http://thenokianetwork.com/

Frustrated Nokia fan, running an old skool E71

Follow Me on Twitter

  #5  
Old 31-01-2008, 01:13 AM
doctorjeep71 doctorjeep71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 25
doctorjeep71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Indeed - My Bad. There WAS a new FW released, but it was pulled.. hence the last OFFICIAL FW was released in October 2007... the one you reference is not currently available.

  #6  
Old 31-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Steve_R's Avatar
Steve_R Steve_R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Warwickshire, England
Posts: 262
Steve_R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjeep71 View Post
Indeed - My Bad. There WAS a new FW released, but it was pulled.. hence the last OFFICIAL FW was released in October 2007... the one you reference is not currently available.
what source is telling you its been pulled? my guess is that it isnt yet available for your particular product code.
__________________
M'Blog - http://thenokianetwork.com/

Frustrated Nokia fan, running an old skool E71

Follow Me on Twitter

  #7  
Old 31-01-2008, 03:08 PM
doctorjeep71 doctorjeep71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 25
doctorjeep71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
what source is telling you its been pulled? my guess is that it isn't yet available for your particular product code.
Dude - Can't you read? Look above,

" From Nokia Support:

Thank you for e-mailing the Nokia Care Contact Center."

  #8  
Old 31-01-2008, 04:05 PM
Steve_R's Avatar
Steve_R Steve_R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Warwickshire, England
Posts: 262
Steve_R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjeep71 View Post
Dude - Can't you read? Look above,

" From Nokia Support:

Thank you for e-mailing the Nokia Care Contact Center."
Dude, I can read. Where do they say they pulled the update?

They didn't.

You obviously know nothing about how Nokia goes about releasing updates, and you obviously havent read up about it either. Loads of info on these boards, but I'll get you started cos I'm nice like that.

Search:

NSS

Change product code to one that has the update available

Run NSU

Install latest firmware.

Happy days.
__________________
M'Blog - http://thenokianetwork.com/

Frustrated Nokia fan, running an old skool E71

Follow Me on Twitter

  #9  
Old 31-01-2008, 04:16 PM
doctorjeep71 doctorjeep71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 25
doctorjeep71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_R View Post
Dude, I can read. Where do they say they pulled the update?

They didn't.

You obviously know nothing about how Nokia goes about releasing updates, and you obviously havent read up about it either. Loads of info on these boards, but I'll get you started cos I'm nice like that.

Search:

NSS

Change product code to one that has the update available

Run NSU

Install latest firmware.

Happy days.
OK, I see we aren't communicating. Let me explain, cos I'm nice like that too.

OCTOBER 2007 - Nokia released 4.0736.3.2.1

JANUARY 2008 - Nokia did release a NEW FW -> 4.0750.31.2.1

Mid January 2008 - Nokia PULLED 4.0750.31.2.1 OFF NSU

Today - The only FW you can install, including changing your product code is 4.0736.3.2.1

Is this clear? Now that email above is from Nokia customer care, in which they claim there is no FW in the works, so I'm left to infer that we are stuck on 4.0736.3.2.1

  #10  
Old 31-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Steve_R's Avatar
Steve_R Steve_R is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Warwickshire, England
Posts: 262
Steve_R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjeep71 View Post
OK, I see we aren't communicating. Let me explain, cos I'm nice like that too.

OCTOBER 2007 - Nokia released 4.0736.3.2.1

JANUARY 2008 - Nokia did release a NEW FW -> 4.0750.31.2.1

Mid January 2008 - Nokia PULLED 4.0750.31.2.1 OFF NSU

Today - The only FW you can install, including changing your product code is 4.0736.3.2.1

Is this clear? Now that email above is from Nokia customer care, in which they claim there is no FW in the works, so I'm left to infer that we are stuck on 4.0736.3.2.1
Hoorah, we get there at last. If only you would have put all this in your first post, instead of just some bone cut n paste crap, that a nokia bod just cut n pasted to you, maybe we would have got somewhere.
__________________
M'Blog - http://thenokianetwork.com/

Frustrated Nokia fan, running an old skool E71

Follow Me on Twitter

  #11  
Old 01-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Drofidnas's Avatar
Drofidnas Drofidnas is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 188
Drofidnas is on a distinguished road
Jesus, are you two married?

The availibility and suspected pulling of the new N73 here-today-gone-tomorrow firmware has already been documented here:

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=68618

Now kiss.
__________________
1610.8.96-5110.8.98-3210.8.00-8210.8.01-8310.8.02-7210.8.03-6230.7.04-6330.6.05-N80.6.06-N70.7.06-N73.6.07-N958Gb.5.08
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The view is quite amazing, we could really be Earthgazing if it wasn't for the fact we're never coming back.

  #12  
Old 02-02-2008, 12:37 AM
doctorjeep71 doctorjeep71 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 25
doctorjeep71 is on a distinguished road
the point was, that Nokia support emailed me saying that there was no firmware in the works...
 

Bookmarks

Tags
anytime, firmware, n73, relase

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Update firmware to V 5 with Nokia Software Updater m80116 Nokia N80 0 22-08-2007 06:22 AM
4.0726.2.0.1 firmware - why is there nothing here about it? rudeboymcc Nokia N71, Nokia N73 and Nokia N75 2 03-07-2007 10:56 PM
N80: Orange firmware, Generic Firmware or N80ie Generic Firmware? al18ex Nokia N80 34 27-01-2007 10:46 AM
Nokia's new Firmware Policy....really crappy. neuro Nokia N-Gage and N-Gage QD 2 25-11-2004 12:37 AM
New Firmware for the P800: R2D02 rickpaul Sony Ericsson P800, P900 and P910 2 14-08-2003 02:29 PM



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:49 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Notes || Contact Us || Privacy Policy