All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 15-09-2008, 04:50 PM

MaciekBora is on a distinguished road
Nseries Suite, PC Suite, Ovi Suite?

Hey,

I have N95 8GB. Also I have Nseries suite installed on my laptop. I updated Nokia Maps 2.0 on my laptop and now it tells me that I have too old software and I should update PC Suite. Question is what now, unistall Nseries Suite and install PC Suite? Or install PC Suite with Nseries on my laptop?

Old 15-09-2008, 07:12 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Both can coexist on the same PC (and share some of the bits). Personally, I only use the regular Nokia PC Suite (haven't found any reasons to use the other two versions yet).
Ads

Old 16-09-2008, 04:55 AM

cricfancy is on a distinguished road
Dear Forum,

It all depends on what all are the applications you want to use in Nokia PC Suites. If you wish you to send SMS and edit contacts of the phone from PC, you can use Nokia PC Suite 7.0.8.2. If you would like to use advanced application like Home Media Server, Nokia Series Update Manager ... Although if any new version of Nokia PC Suite arrives for download, you dont have any single application in Nokia PC suite to say that new version is available, whereas in Nokia NSeries PC Suite, you have Nokia NSeries Update Manager to check if any latest version is available for the entire installed PC Suite applications installed. When it comes to OVI PC Suite, 3D gallery is available and many more featured related to OVI.com is yet to come ( as discussed in various forums)...and so on. For future and to be online OVI-fied, you can start using Nokia OVI Suite... It all depends what you want and which application you want from Nokia. Not only nokia phones but also nokia has got choice for its PC Suites tooo for NSeries Handset proud owners ....Every PC suite has got its own pros and cons.... To conclude

* To send SMS/MMS from PC, you can have Nokia PC Suite 7.0.8.2 installed on your PC
* To edit phone contacts, you can have Nokia PC suite 7.0.8.2

Above 2 options are not available in NSeries or OVI Suite right now

* To feel 3D Gallery view, you can install OVI Suite

Best of Luck Have both PC Suite as well as OVI Suite installed on your PC so that you can enjoy the advantages of Message & Phone book editor as well as view your 3D gallery on your PC.

Hope you find this post somehow helpful