All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-05-2005, 05:29 PM

ali_sevgi is on a distinguished road
New user needs some advice

Hi All,

Ive just got my p910i, swapped it with a mate with my old 6630 and have some questions:

1- Is there any navigation application like Fexplorer for p910i?
2- Is it normal when i transfer an mp3 around 3mb size using via usb connection from my pc to p910i to take 4 minutes?
3- Is there any option or a special button to press in order to see the applications running? because, something i noticed that its very easy to switch between different applications and the phone starts to slow down rapidly and im guessing that the phone is not switching off the last application that was used. ive read in one of the previous threads that theres an option available to see all the running applications and where is that application?
4- is this headphone is compatible with p910i? http://pc-mobile.net/sp8aa.htm
5- does anybody know when would the ROB-1 will be available? http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...p4_1&pid=10253

Thanks,

Old 23-05-2005, 08:53 AM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
There are several file explorers around. There's a freeware one that comes with Profimail, and qfileman (also free), personally I prefer Handy Explorer from Epocware

The USB connection is (I think) only operating at serial speeds. Personally I use a memory stick reader for my PC.

Task Manager (running programs) can be a problem. Look at a third party solution (HandyDay (just one of its many functions), or Sman if you're after something for free

Headphone compatability - no guarantees, but best bet is to check profiles are present on both devices (headset).

ROB-1 - you're guess is as good as mine right now. But it should be quite soon.