All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 05-01-2007, 02:24 PM

Parera is on a distinguished road
Internet call problem after installing firmware

Yesterday I installed the latest firmware 306330904 on my E61.

First:
Everytime I switch on the E61 he starts INSTALLING SOFTWARE. After some seconds it stops and gives a message to finish it manually. With no results ofcourse. How can I stop this? All necessary software is installed!

Second:
When making an INTERNET CALL the E61 seems nog to accept the "dialed number". No reaction at all. In the "recently called list" however I can see the dialed number. The actual call is not made however.
Any suggestions? It all worked perfectly on the former firmware

I also asked the Dutch NOKIA support if the now what to do now!!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:30 PM

E61DRC is on a distinguished road
To answer the first part, have a look in App. Mger under Tools and see which application has not installed properly then delete it from the mini-SD card if you don't want it. I think I had problems with an earlier version of Mail for Exchange.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:33 PM

elp is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parera
Yesterday I installed the latest firmware 306330904 on my E61.

First:
Everytime I switch on the E61 he starts INSTALLING SOFTWARE. After some seconds it stops and gives a message to finish it manually. With no results ofcourse. How can I stop this? All necessary software is installed!

Got that with every firmware update and it really is a pain in the ***. This means that there are some software installed on your memory card that for some reason need to be re-installed which is what the phone is trying to do but fails to do for some other reason. Go to the application manager. At the top of the list, you'll see a number of strangely named applications (like: a100f22b3) market "Not installed". Select each one of them and choose Options -> Install. Then pray. Some applications will install fine. But some might fail to install with most helpful messages such as "Failed to install". It this happens to you, take a pen and a piece of paper and write down the name of all the applications that have failed to install (a100f22b3 and so on). Then connect your phone to your PC in data transfer mode and search the memory card for all the sis files that correspond to these applications. e.g if the application is called a100f22b3, look for a100f22b3.sis. Delete all these sis files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parera
Second:
When making an INTERNET CALL the E61 seems nog to accept the "dialed number". No reaction at all. In the "recently called list" however I can see the dialed number. The actual call is not made however.
Any suggestions? It all worked perfectly on the former firmware
Had this problem too at a friends house a few days ago. With firmware v2, i had succesfully made voip calls using truphone from a berlin's youth hostel. But with firmware v3, when i tried at my friends place, it registered fine but just sat there doing nothing whenever i tried to make a voip call. I do not know if that worked before with his wifi router though since i had never tried at his place but it looks like the same problem as yours.
Ads

Old 05-01-2007, 07:41 PM

mjlaris is on a distinguished road
The version 3 firmware implements STUN so you cannot simply restore your SIP settings from the backup. You have to delete the settings and enter them again. Then the phone will automatically apply the correct STUN settings. There have been several postings over at My-Symbian.com about this issue. Once you put the settings in manually everything should work fine.

Mark

Old 07-01-2007, 10:52 PM

Parera is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjlaris
The version 3 firmware implements STUN so you cannot simply restore your SIP settings from the backup. You have to delete the settings and enter them again. Then the phone will automatically apply the correct STUN settings. There have been several postings over at My-Symbian.com about this issue. Once you put the settings in manually everything should work fine.

Mark
Thanks MJLARIS. It works again. Great.
Thanks ELP. I have deleted the not installed software.sis files.