All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 22-09-2009, 06:10 PM

oo7tk is on a distinguished road
Question Incorrect Signature,,, Faceboook app wreckin my head....

Ok just a coupe niggly questions from a newbee....

Mine in on O2 in Ireland and when i try do something on my facebook profile, like accept a friens or upload a phont it says " Error, incorrect Signature"Huh Really annoying anyone know why???

And also sometimes when i try open an app on the phone it says not enough memory delete from memory c???

Cheers in advance and sorry if stupid questions....

Old 23-09-2009, 06:02 AM

angiepea is on a distinguished road
Hi 007

chances are your facebook isn't kicking in because of your other problem - lack of memory on your c drive.

this really is a common problem and if you just do a search on "c drive memory N97" or read "memmory" on this forum it's all there for you, bad bad nokia didn't give us a very big memory on our c drive, so we're all a little bit hung up about trying to get extra space on it (this is usually coupled with a nervous eye twitch and a slight stammer)

Old 06-10-2009, 03:46 PM

oo7tk is on a distinguished road
This facebook app is now really wreckin my head, wont let me upload pics, says "error retrieving user albums: Incorrect signature"

Is anyone else havin a problem with their facebook app????

Old 06-10-2009, 04:16 PM

BanziBarn is on a distinguished road
I gave up using it, it's rubbish. Try the mobile site instead, works well, but you can't upload pics unfortunately. Lets hope the new app in version 2 is better!
Ads

Old 06-10-2009, 04:39 PM

angiepea is on a distinguished road
I wish i could help you but i can't

I've not had any problems uploading photos to facebook via the installed app, sometimes it can be quite slow but i'm pretty much used to that with this phone

Hopefully as Banzibarn said, things might get better for you with v2.

I have no idea for instance, if it makes a difference with the phone operator used or whether it's important to have a good 3g signal ???

Old 06-10-2009, 10:56 PM

zxon is on a distinguished road
I've had those problems quite frequently. I find selecting my profile (the button next to Home), logging off and then signing in again resolves the problem. Alternatively, if your facebook widget is on your homescreen, remove it from the homescreen and then add it again to log back on.

I have sometimes had problems with adding photos too. I might get an error message (can't remember what it is) when I upload it, but then when I check I find it has successfully uploaded to the album.

Firmware v20 only includes a minor update to the facebook widget. I'm not sure how much of a difference it'll actually make.

www.andrew-irvine.co.uk
Please support my suggestion for Gravity!! - Add cut/copy/paste for when N97 is open

Old 07-10-2009, 11:14 AM

rdcinhou is on a distinguished road
For the most part, Facebook is one of the more reliable applications for me, but occasionally it tells me that I need to reboot.

Sometimes a simple logout (Facebook->(profile page)->Logout) followed by a login is necessary--like when I forget to take Facebook offline before I access the website using my desktop PC. Facebook doesn't like you accessing it from two lP addresses simultaneously (N97+PC).

After my last firmware upgrade and hard reset I installed Facebook to the E: drive, so I don't have any space problems with it.

I've only uploaded two pictures with it, but didn't have any problems.