All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-05-2009, 12:22 AM

car_guy143 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggymog View Post
Have updated this morning and so far I'm fairly happy with the firmware. But can anyone tell me, why can't Nokia sort the call log out? It shows all the calls made/received but not whether they were made to/from a mobile or home phone etc. It would seem a fairly simple problem to sort but it will probably take them another 6 months to fix!!!
According to Nokia and people's posts on the Nokia Discussion forum discussions.nokia.co.uk the call log is meant to be like this with the same icon next to each call listed. Don't ask me why Nokia like this, but that's what they say it's meant to be like.

Old 18-05-2009, 04:29 PM

ffcphone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreEm206 View Post
The reason it displays your lock code input briefly is because like the Nokia 5800 they've now enabled Alphanumeric lock codes.

Press # and start typing letters! Very strange thing to do after all this time...
Very strange indeed!

By the way, anyone having much luck with that sensor turning control. Seems a bit hit and miss when my alarm goes off in the morning to wake me up.

F

Old 18-05-2009, 04:38 PM

Spotted a bug with the new firmware.

I woke up around 5am over the weekend (couldn't sleep in anticipation of hopefully seeing United get the Premiership trophy) and glanced at my N85 which had been on charge since going to bed.

The display showed a fixed 3 bars of charge ie no incremental display to show charging was in progress.

Booting the phone up immediately, however, revealed full battery charge.

I've also spotted the scrolling bug apparent in last firmware is still present. If you're scrolling down a webpage or long text document every so often it will scroll much further than you want.

F

Old 18-05-2009, 08:37 PM

tompe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adicken View Post
Updated yeaterday nad my first thought was excellent. However, I have or appear to have a bug with the image gallery. First of all it didn't recognise my photos stored on the memory card. Secondly, when i try to access them (after manually copying them to the images root folder) the application hangs/goes white and can't recover. I have to switch it off and back on again.

Anyone else had this problem? All other things seem fine.

Updated via NSU by the way.
The images disappeared from the image gallery for me too. I installed using NSU since OTA did not work (server closed connection).

Old 19-05-2009, 11:04 AM

car_guy143 is on a distinguished road
You have to turn the phone over sideways to snooze the alarm, ie turn the left or right hand side(forgot which way you have to turn it, but you can only tuen it one way i think) of the phone over to flip the phone on it's front so the camera faces up.

Old 19-05-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy143 View Post
You have to turn the phone over sideways to snooze the alarm, ie turn the left or right hand side(forgot which way you have to turn it, but you can only tuen it one way i think) of the phone over to flip the phone on it's front so the camera faces up.
That's what I've been doing. I remember it worked the first time my alarm went off after the firmware upgrade but this morning it was having none of it! Will try again tomorrow.

F