All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-02-2008, 02:14 AM

pfluger is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up instango Instant Messenger 0.47.93

We have released a new major version of instango, our free instant messaging application for mobile phones supporting Java MIDP 2.0 (works on Nokia N95)

New features include phone calling. This allows you to make international calls using your mobile phone from only 2.2 EUR ct/min.

Feel free to install and try it. Feedback here or in the instango forums is welcome!

Henrik - instango.com
www.instango.com

Chat
Chatting with instango is as simple as chatting on your desktop computer. See who of your friends is online and start chatting with a simple push of a button.

Connect to GoogleTalk, ICQ, AIM, MSN and Yahoo!
Take your GoogleTalk, ICQ, AIM, MSN and Yahoo! buddies with you. Instango gives you free access to these popular networks. Simply enter your GoogleTalk, ICQ, AIM, MSN or Yahoo! credentials and instango will show all your buddies on these networks in its contact list.

Push-to-Talk
Send short voice messages for free* to any instango user. You may even send voice messages to any PC or Mac user on GoogleTalk, ICQ, AIM, MSN or Yahoo!

Send Pictures and Files
Take a picture or select any file on your mobile phone and send it to your friends at instango or one of the major IM networks.
Or send any file on your mobile phone to your friends at instango or one of the other major IM networks.

Mail
With instango you get a free e-mail address. Receive e-mails sent at this address and they will be delivered to your instango. Add any e-mail address to your contact list to mail text messages, audio messages, files and pictures.

RSS Push
Have your RSS news feeds delivered in realtime. Simply add your RSS feeds from within instango or using the myaccount pages on this website.

SMS
Still have friends not using instango? Send regular text messages (SMS) from instango and save. Add your friends to the instango contact list and send SMS just like any instant message. And best of all, replies to your SMS will be delivered right into instango. Chatting via SMS was never easier!

Last edited by pfluger; 03-02-2008 at 07:16 AM.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:20 AM

snuge is on a distinguished road
do your blocked contacts show as blocked on this app as most of the im apps do not recognise contacts are blocked

Old 01-02-2008, 08:20 AM

BanziBarn is on a distinguished road
Good question, that annoys me with Sling.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:36 AM

pfluger is on a distinguished road
Blocked users/privacy lists on ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, GoogleTalk will be respected. They will not be marked as blocked in instango's contact list though.

Blocking on instango users is currently not possible.

One of the next updates will include support for privacy lists. Using the instango privacy lists it will be possible to block/hide from users on any of the networks. Blocking through these lists will be shown in the contact list.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:58 AM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Anyone ever wondered why there are SO MANY mobile instant messaging apps and all of them do the same thing? Seems like a saturated market to me

Old 01-02-2008, 04:10 PM

regimorales is on a distinguished road
This is the first IM app I've tried so far and it looks promising. I'm not much of a "lonely cat" fan.
Ads

Old 01-02-2008, 04:16 PM

waxup is on a distinguished road
Mobile messaging and SMS text messaging while you have a phone in your hand kinda defeats the purpose of even having a phone doesn't it?

I can just imaging next generations not being able to communicate by voice or in person simply because of their dependance on text messaging. Atleast we know the illiteracy rates won't be dropping.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:28 PM

True, I'll guess they'll have to rewrite all the books to short txt version.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:07 PM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxup View Post
True, I'll guess they'll have to rewrite all the books to short txt version.
<sniggers at deleting his post and making waxup look mental>

Old 01-02-2008, 05:22 PM

Man, i'm not crazy I swear!