All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-01-2008, 07:11 AM

12345678~~ is on a distinguished road
Help!! just updated my N95 and already having 2 problems!!!

Hello everyone, i just updated my N95 from version 11.0.026 to the 12.0.013 but the phone itself is already encountering problems...
#1, my phone kept saying it is "installing" when ever i start it up, it wouldnt allow me to do anything but to wait. In the end it saids "Unable to complete installation, please go to application manager to complete installing". This problem caused me to wait like 5 minutes after i turned on the phone!!! please anyone help me!!!
#2, This is a minor issue but my side gallery button (next to the camera button) will flash BEFORE my screen's backlight turns off ??? anyone can care to explain why this happen???
please i would appreciate anyone would give me some kind of comment of feedback !!! thank you so much!!!

Old 30-01-2008, 07:26 AM

zumstin is on a distinguished road
Hello,

I just got done doing the same thing this evening. The same thing happened to me and all I can figure is that it is trying to load up the programs from your memory card. I had to go in and delete the programs that the App. Manager said were not loaded, that seemed to fix it. Then I just started the undaunting task of reloading most of ALL of my programs. I didn't realize I had so many. Nokia really needs to figure a better way or updating and "restoring."

As for the light on the media button, you got me. Sorry.

I do have another problem. Some of the apps that were reloaded by my phone after the update, I assume form my memory card, now won't start and I cannot delete them. I am figuring they were corrupted or something. Anybody know of a way to rid my phone of these annoying apps or do I just have to file them somewhere out of the way?

-Cheers

Old 30-01-2008, 08:03 AM

M0shy is on a distinguished road
i had the same issue 1 when updating my n95-3. not sure what i did, but it went away in the end.
Ads

Old 30-01-2008, 08:04 AM

12345678~~ is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumstin View Post
Hello,

I just got done doing the same thing this evening. The same thing happened to me and all I can figure is that it is trying to load up the programs from your memory card. I had to go in and delete the programs that the App. Manager said were not loaded, that seemed to fix it. Then I just started the undaunting task of reloading most of ALL of my programs. I didn't realize I had so many. Nokia really needs to figure a better way or updating and "restoring."

As for the light on the media button, you got me. Sorry.

I do have another problem. Some of the apps that were reloaded by my phone after the update, I assume form my memory card, now won't start and I cannot delete them. I am figuring they were corrupted or something. Anybody know of a way to rid my phone of these annoying apps or do I just have to file them somewhere out of the way?

-Cheers
Hello zumstin, thanks for your help how did you tell which programs are the one that the phone cannot find? because i did not download anything extra on my phone and it still does that. Right now i saved a copy of my miniSD on my computer and used my original factory miniSD. It is still installind and saying the same thing. Thanks for your help tho zumstin appreciate it!

Old 30-01-2008, 08:14 AM

chrsfrwll is on a distinguished road
Been there, done it and got the T-Shirt.

Problem number 1 stems from the fact that at some point you have installed aplications on your memory card, and post reflash, these are now not able to install. It is a very difficult job to try and selectively delete system folders and not worth trying. Your best bet is to uninstall all memory card installed apps from the application manager and then delete all system folders from the memory card (effectively starting with a clean card). A long work around but worth it in the end.

Old 30-01-2008, 09:13 AM

Steve_R is on a distinguished road
Copy all the items you want to keep off the mem card and onto your computer, then format the memory card, and then copy the photo's/music back again.

Might sound long winded, but the easiest way to sort it out.

Frustrated Nokia fan, running an old skool E71

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 30-01-2008, 09:16 AM

Steve_R is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumstin View Post
Nokia really needs to figure a better way or updating and "restoring."
They already have, it's called UDP (User Data Preservation), it's on the latest F/W update on the N82, so expect to see it rolled out across the board in the near future

Frustrated Nokia fan, running an old skool E71

Follow Me on Twitter

Old 01-02-2008, 10:37 AM

pa49 is on a distinguished road
and install your apps to phone only!