All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-05-2009, 11:38 AM

chenliangchen is on a distinguished road
About Nokia Email on N85

I don't know why,, I don't have desktop Email on N85, I saw the desktop function is supported on some old phones, but I tried different versions of nokia messaging, it still doesn't appear on my desktop...

I dont know why...I need it on active desktop...

Any solutions?? Thanks in advance

Maybe if someone take the app from N96 new firmware? It has desktop...

Old 11-05-2009, 12:24 PM

car_guy143 is on a distinguished road
Do you mean you can't get to email by clicking an option on the phone standby screen?

You can change the shortcuts to whatever you want them to be, try the following

Menu - Tools - Settings - General - Personalisation - Standby.

Next, make sure the shortcuts are turned on by going into Standby theme. You will then see Horizontal icon bar, basic, and Vertical icon bar. To get the shortcuts to show on your standby screen, choose either Horizontal or Vertical icon bar.

Now, go back to the Standby menu and choose shortcuts. In this menu, you can change what button opens different things. You can change the left selection key, right selection key, and choose upto 6 other shortcuts.

When you have chosen the ones you want, go back to the standby screen and test them out. If you want to open your shortcut menu, select the diamond from the icons and click select and you will be shown your 6 shortcuts. If you have set email as a shortcut with either the left or right selection key, then just pressing that key will open the email for you.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:06 PM

chenliangchen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy143 View Post
Do you mean you can't get to email by clicking an option on the phone standby screen?

You can change the shortcuts to whatever you want them to be, try the following

Menu - Tools - Settings - General - Personalisation - Standby.

Next, make sure the shortcuts are turned on by going into Standby theme. You will then see Horizontal icon bar, basic, and Vertical icon bar. To get the shortcuts to show on your standby screen, choose either Horizontal or Vertical icon bar.

Now, go back to the Standby menu and choose shortcuts. In this menu, you can change what button opens different things. You can change the left selection key, right selection key, and choose upto 6 other shortcuts.

When you have chosen the ones you want, go back to the standby screen and test them out. If you want to open your shortcut menu, select the diamond from the icons and click select and you will be shown your 6 shortcuts. If you have set email as a shortcut with either the left or right selection key, then just pressing that key will open the email for you.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much! Maybe I didn't explain precisely, I want the e-mail appear on the active desktop, as WLAN, search, OVI, or calender etc. I don't know what it called but I saw Nokia email is displayed there as "set up email" or your new mail. Some people said only E-series devices support desktop email but I did see some pre-FP1 device such as N73 has email on the desktop, and N96 new firmware as well. So I'm wondering if I can make it active on my N85. (I've already added email to my shortcut. :-)

Old 11-05-2009, 09:20 PM

car_guy143 is on a distinguished road
Oh right now i understand what you're after. Sorry but i don't know of a way to do this on the N85 unless someone else knows of some third party app..

Old 19-05-2009, 09:26 AM

mcsleazycrisps is on a distinguished road
The new v20 firmware does this now!

Old 24-05-2009, 12:03 PM

DonX is on a distinguished road
Mine now supports it as of the new firmware upgrade, but I warn you, it kills the battery life keeping it updated. I had to turn it off again sadly :(

Old 24-10-2009, 05:10 AM

rohitpsk is on a distinguished road
ovi on desktop

is there a way to put ovi on the desktop of nokia n85?
how?

Old 18-06-2010, 09:49 AM

vinay080 is on a distinguished road
if u have already configured ur email and its not showing on ur home screen, follow this.. go to tools -> settings -> general -> personalization -> standby -> email notification.. here u would find ur configured email adress... just select it and it will display on the home screen..
Ads