All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-02-2010, 12:11 PM

sumeetbais is on a distinguished road
Unable to access messages saved in memory card

Hello Team,

I'm facing some serious issues with my nokia 5230. :(
Issue : 3 days back I got a notification that I've received a new message however when i clicked on 'show' nothing opened up. Still the unread message was showing at the top.
yesterday when i received a txt msg. it said that unable to access memory card. message will be stored in the phone memory. Today when i tried to open my old messages in the memory card it just wont open however if i change the memory in use to phone memory, I was able to access my old messages.
And today when I'm trying to change the memory in use to memory card, the messages application will just close.

-I've tried restarting my phone.
-Wiped the memory card with a soft cloth.
-connected my phone with pc in mass store mode and deleted a file name : 00001000 from e:\Private\1000484B\Mail2\ as advised by a website.
- I've changed the USB connection mode to pc suite and 'ask for connection' option as No.

I really dont know what more to do with this. I've faced the same issue last month and had to take my phone to nokia repair centre where they formatted my phone as well as my Memory card.
Honestly I dont want to format my phone and mmc if the issue can be fixed just like that.

Please advise where the problem lies. Is it a symbian issue or I have issues with my memory card ??

Will really appreciate your help and assistance.

Kind Regards,
Sumeet Bais

Old 26-02-2010, 09:06 PM

jj71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
connected my phone with pc in mass store mode
Not sure about your problem but may be (small) help to point out that when you do this the phone switches to storing sms on the phone memory (as it can't get at the memory card while your pc is using it) and stays set to use phone memory until you change it back.

If I were trying to get to the bottom of your problem I might first try eliminating the possibility of the memory card (and/or its connection to the phone) being faulty or obstructed in some way. Perhaps you should get another memory card and see if problem persists. It does sound like the phone is unable to access the memory card for some reason.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:54 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Lost Messages

I agree with jj71 - above - :
1) it could be a corrupted MemoryCard . Install a new one .
2) I don't know the content of the file in the Private folder , but it could be possible you just deleted the messages .
3) try one of the mentioned Tools in my last post in this thread to retrieve the message files , as the MC is still functioning :
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...d.php?p=459455

Regards jApi NL
Ads