All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Kinoma Play

How about a new way to look at, integrate and play online with your media? That's what Kinoma Play promises, for S60 3rd Edition and QVGA screens at least. Integrating Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Last.FM and many others, together with all the content already on your phone, seems like Kinoma Play is all-encompassing. Here's Ewan's largely positive assessment of this (commercial) new media suite.

Read on in the full article.

Old 21-09-2009, 01:53 PM

deletia is on a distinguished road
Curious as to why there's no trial version available, particularly for such a premium price product.

Old 21-09-2009, 02:00 PM

buster is on a distinguished road
My feelings exactly. There's some sort of free trial, but it seems to be linked to some sort of email adverting; I'm not sure how it works, but I'm certainly not signing up to something like that just to get a free trial of some software that should provide a "normal" trial version anyway...

Old 21-09-2009, 08:16 PM

Charles@Kinoma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deletia View Post
Curious as to why there's no trial version available, particularly for such a premium price product.
A trial version would be nice to have. Unfortunately, the technologies licensed for Kinoma Play (codecs, etc.) prevent us from distributing a free trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
There's some sort of free trial...
Nope, there can never be a free trial of Kinoma Play. However, you can:

Check out the videos at http://kinoma.com/. The first four 30-second spots give you the flavor, and the 5th video is a 20+ minute demo that touches on many aspects of the product.

Check out the product page at http://kinoma.com/play/. The tabs contain lots of useful info. And if you buy Kinoma Play and something doesn't work as advertised, there's a 30-day money-back guarantee.

Use TrialPay to get Kinoma Play for free. TrialPay is an innovate service that lets you "buy" something in exchange for completing an offer, like signing up with GoDaddy to buy a domain name. Most people still buy Kinoma Play with money, but we have many happy customers who've used TrialPay.

Follow us on Twitter or Facebook (see below). Every so often, we post "secret" discount coupons for people who care enough to follow us.

Hope his helps!

-- Charles Wiltgen

Old 22-09-2009, 09:59 AM

Tenkom is on a distinguished road
Will there be a 5th edition version? And if so. When can it be expected?

Old 22-09-2009, 11:21 AM

deletia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
A trial version would be nice to have. Unfortunately, the technologies licensed for Kinoma Play (codecs, etc.) prevent
Thanks for the clarification Charles. Good to know.

Do you know if the product been tested on the Nokia E90 (Commincator) internal screen? It would be nice to know if it can cope with this additional screen real estate. A lot of apps struggle / or are not supported.

... update ...

ound this, relating to Kinoma Play on the E90.

http://forum.kinoma.com/showthread.php?t=3333

Last edited by deletia; 22-09-2009 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Found out for myself :)

Old 22-09-2009, 12:46 PM

buster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Use TrialPay to get Kinoma Play for free. TrialPay is an innovate service that lets you "buy" something in exchange for completing an offer, like signing up with GoDaddy to buy a domain name. Most people still buy Kinoma Play with money, but we have many happy customers who've used TrialPay.
Thanks for the extra info. However, I feel that TrialPay could be better explained on your website; you're immediately presented with a request for your email address, without too much explanation about what it's going to be used for, which is slightly off-putting...

Old 29-09-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenkom View Post
Will there be a 5th edition version?
Yes, although I couldn't tell you when it'll be ready.

Your best bet is to subscribe to our blog or follow us on Twitter (send "follow kinoma" to 40404).

-- Charles Wiltgen

Old 29-09-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster View Post
...I feel that TrialPay could be better explained on your website; you're immediately presented with a request for your email address, without too much explanation about what it's going to be used for, which is slightly off-putting...
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback, and I'll make sure we improve this.

-- Charles Wiltgen