All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-05-2004, 12:29 AM

craigweb is on a distinguished road
Reset 6600 to *Nokia* factory settings...

.. I just purchased a Nokia 6600, which was originally an orange phone. My contract is with o2 and the single most annoying thing that orange do is alter the phone in as many ways they can (adding logos to the fascia, software alterations, etc).

Now I was wondering if it's possible (or even legal?) to reset the phone to what would be considered the 'Nokia' factory settings (not the Orange factory settings).

If it is possible how do I do it?

Old 10-05-2004, 08:16 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
You ask a Nokia service center reflash it with a "generic" (instead of operator-specific) firmware release.

Old 13-05-2004, 12:30 AM
Haider

Check this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigweb
.. I just purchased a Nokia 6600, which was originally an orange phone. My contract is with o2 and the single most annoying thing that orange do is alter the phone in as many ways they can (adding logos to the fascia, software alterations, etc).

Now I was wondering if it's possible (or even legal?) to reset the phone to what would be considered the 'Nokia' factory settings (not the Orange factory settings).

How to reset/reformat a phone

It may happens that a program corrupts the C: drive of your phone. In such case, some data can be lost of course but, more annoying, some applications may not work or work only partially,...

On a Series 60 based phone, two key sequences will allow to restore your phone to a cleaner state:
Normal Reset (*#7780#) : Restores ini files from rom but preserves user data (photos, 3rd party apps etc)
Deep Reset (*#7370#) : This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten.

In both case, the phone will ask you a confirmation and you will have to enter a security code (12345 by default).

Files and applications stored on E: drive are not be affected

Old 13-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Haider

Check this out

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigweb

It may happens that a program corrupts the C: drive of your phone. In such case, some data can be lost of course but, more annoying, some applications may not work or work only partially,...

On a Series 60 based phone, two key sequences will allow to restore your phone to a cleaner state:
Normal Reset (*#7780#) : Restores ini files from rom but preserves user data (photos, 3rd party apps etc)
Deep Reset (*#7370#) : This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten.

In both case, the phone will ask you a confirmation and you will have to enter a security code (12345 by default).

haider1321@hotmail.com

Old 13-05-2004, 07:01 AM

estepona is on a distinguished road
See Thread : Useful helps : Full phone formatting a 6600!

Old 15-08-2005, 06:31 AM

ff1378 is on a distinguished road
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haider

haider1321@hotmail.com
Hi pal
I have a "system error" every time i restart my 6630. if i use this method, what kind of data will be deleted? only my data or all nokia application which were installed by default?

thanks

Old 07-11-2009, 11:21 AM

jocoolguy is on a distinguished road
get free unlock code here http://www.unlock-free.com/