All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 30-01-2009, 03:10 AM

streetdaddy is on a distinguished road
Samsung INNOV8 - is there supposed to be sms visual alert (not on screen)

On my INNOV8 on the front top right corner next to the speaker there are two little circles. One looks like an led of some sort, the other is like a pin hole camera looking thing. However, I've never seen either of them do anything... Are they supposed to? Or do they have some other function I've not discovered yet? I couldn't find anything about them in the online manuals...

What I'd like is that when I have an unread sms, missed call, etc. that there's some sort of light flashing on the phone, not just an on screen alert. I wondered if perhaps one of these two circles is meant to be doing this, but isn't configured correctly (or is faulty even?)

Thanks in advance for any clues!

Old 30-01-2009, 09:40 AM

danpep is on a distinguished road
Using an LED in that way would have been a good idea. I once had an Ericsson that did exactly that.

For the i8510 however, the 2 circles are: the front camera for use in video calls and a light sensor for setting the auto brightness of the screen.

Even my trusty on N95 could display something on the screen while the backlight was off. The i8510 just looks completely dead as soon as the screen goes off.
Ads