All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 06-12-2009, 09:01 AM
moi

can i update to new firmware?

Hi i have the e71-1 300.21.012 RM-346 from uk and the software updater says i am up to date!! any ideas?? thanks

Old 07-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Unregistered

Wi-Fi perfomance worse after update

Now after having updated to firmware 400.21.013 my E71 wi-fi perfomance is worse. It seems to be less sensitive and not stable when scanning wireless networks. The number of wi-fi networks it found different at the the time at the same place. It's a pain that now I can not degrade to version 300.21.012 that was more stable.

Old 22-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

NAM 400.21.013 is now available

I had tried last week and was in the process of changing my model number, when I went to another forum and someone posted that this just came out. Will post later if it fixed any of my issues.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:15 AM
Raffy

Angry V400 firmware for the Philippines, I think nokia messed up on this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Beware the new 400 upgrade my E71 phone had english and chinese installed and it worked well until I responed to the - "we have an upgrade for you" a couple of days ago - however after installation it reverted the phone back to english and phillipino - all chinese characters disappeared and the firmware changed. Went to the Nokia Service Center in Shanghai and they knew nothing about the new 400 upgrade and claim they cannot revert the phone back to the earlier settings. Whilst maybe a Chinese escape route it - the phone now is a mess!
It needs reengineering. My warning to others is beware -- if it isnt broke dont try and upgrade it - Nokia havnt got the inbuilt language issues sorted with thi firmware so dont be tempted to upgrade.
Hi unregistered,

Sadly, i just updated to the v400 firmware on my E71 as well. It seems that they must have switched our firmwares!!! I'm from the Philippines and the language on my phone is English and CHINESE!!! WTF?!

They must have incorrectly switched the firmwares for our countries!?

I'm really disappointed. The keymap for my phone is totally different!
Ads

Old 09-01-2010, 02:28 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I don't think the issue has to do with Nokia. The issue is people changing the product codes that don't match thier proper region or languages. This could be a user changed product code or some poor sooul who bought a phone off the streets and the vendor was the one who changed the product code.

The v400 is pretty good so far. Webpages load faster via the Nokia web browser. Speedier when scrolling around the phone and menus as well.
Hi Unregistered,

I believe this is not my case. My phone is a network operator (Globe Telecom) supplied phone. Yes, they have their own software and all that 3rd party stuff, but this is the 2nd time I updated. The first went fine but the update to v400 lost my local language (Tagalog) and included Chinese instead. It also screwed the keymap on my phone. The keys type different characters.

I think this one is clearly on nokia.

Old 16-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

Updating firmware

Dear Nokia user/experts, recently I got nokia e71x, i didn't know that it is made for other region; US, so don't want some built in application (MediaMall, MediaNet.. etc) the very important is that it doesn't have Arabic language, any one knows if I could update it with firmware of nokia e71 or at least could add Arabic/Persian language? how and where, thanks for your help.

Old 15-02-2010, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation e71 firmware

firstly my thanks to all the long suffering symbian sufferers out there who take the time and trouble to share their woes with the rest of us. Secondly my deep dissatisfaction with Nokia for continually churning out substandard phones on a global basis. I have suffered 9 nokias culminating in this e71 contraption. It will be my last. This to be echoed throughout my company within my company

Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

Simplified Chinese language issue after V400 upgrade

I have the similar issues with the chinese language package cannot be selected after the lastest firmware v400 upgrade. however, the text-to-speech if ok. can anyone help?

Old 21-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

OMG Nokia!

OK, so as a die hard E71 fan, I upgrade tot he latest version (400), thinking the whole experience will change, well 1st nothing changes, same bugs, second i lose half of my applications (wtf!?), 3rd none of my access points work!
It's my second day without internet on the go.
WTF!
I have wasted countless hours backingup, upgrading then restoring and now i am wasting even more hours figuring out how to make this work!
Not to mention I need email on my phone for work!!!!!

This will be my last Nokia phone.

Old 18-04-2010, 06:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Beware the new 400 upgrade my E71 phone had english and chinese installed and it worked well until I responed to the - "we have an upgrade for you" a couple of days ago - however after installation it reverted the phone back to english and phillipino - all chinese characters disappeared and the firmware changed. Went to the Nokia Service Center in Shanghai and they knew nothing about the new 400 upgrade and claim they cannot revert the phone back to the earlier settings. Whilst maybe a Chinese escape route it - the phone now is a mess!
It needs reengineering. My warning to others is beware -- if it isnt broke dont try and upgrade it - Nokia havnt got the inbuilt language issues sorted with thi firmware so dont be tempted to upgrade.
s

Old 24-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Lecomte

total crash with update

I followed the procedure
1. Backup everything
2. Install update
3. Return the backup
Only... the connection gets lost during returning of settings and the phone crashes: Selftest failed. Contact supllier. (roughly translated from Dutch).

I couldn't find a way to resolve this through Nokia support, but on an australian blog I found out how to reboot back into factory settings (with v4): press and hold 3+*+(green key) and restart.

After fiddling around for hours I discovered that I can put evertything back from the backup except the 'settings'. And settings are always the hard part with my provider. I don't know how much time I spent on this the last time.

I love my electronic gadgets and phones but lately I have spent too many hours on forums, reading manuals and figuring out how to get things working, not even tweaking.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Unregistered

PJI,

yes it is safe, I did it on my E90.... just make sure you are using the right product code for your unit; note also that there are different product codes for the e71 series, they have different language packs... make sure you use the code for the languages you use.

Z

Old 17-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Unregistered

so where do I click to download this ?

so where do I click to download this ? firmware V400

Old 17-08-2010, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
Nokia Software Updater... should be on v500 now tho.