All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-10-2002, 12:37 PM

presence is on a distinguished road
sending image to emails

hi,
I have a problem sending msg to email addresses. whenever i try to sent an email, it prompt for the mailbox setting. i jus need to know wat to enter for the incoming and outgoing mail server. thanks.

Old 07-10-2002, 02:01 PM

megc is on a distinguished road
use MMS GPRS

To send a photo to an email just use the usual MMS sending and instead of the number put the email address. press # key for 1 sec to change from numeric to alpha mode to write the email address.
Ads

Old 07-10-2002, 02:09 PM

n1ghtFLY is on a distinguished road
umm.. i'm confused here

the thread tittle is Sending image to email but u asking for
"I have a problem sending msg to email addresses"

which one you want to ask ??

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Old 08-10-2002, 12:41 PM

presence is on a distinguished road
sorry for the confusion. i just want to send email. what i really want to know is what to enter for the incoming and outgoing server. thanks

Old 08-10-2002, 01:40 PM

Freddie666 is on a distinguished road
U need an E-Mail-Account at your PC for this. At the menue messages/settings/E-Mail u have to define a mailbox. U enter ur PC-Mail-Adress, as outgoing server the one of your phone company (have to ask, for example smtp.a1.net with my company A1), incoming server the one of your Internet provider (pop.*.uk), the user name and password of your mail account and thats it. At least it works in Austria .. I have 4 mail accounts on the 7650 and no problems, even with web mail addresses.
"I'm troubled. I'd like to take a moment."
(The Biscuit)

Old 09-10-2002, 01:11 PM

stepcorl is on a distinguished road
If you are with orange I can give you the settings

Old 10-10-2002, 01:36 AM

cbarnett5 is on a distinguished road
Re: sending image to emails

Quote:
Originally Posted by presence
hi,
I have a problem sending msg to email addresses. whenever i try to sent an email, it prompt for the mailbox setting. i jus need to know wat to enter for the incoming and outgoing mail server. thanks.
I'll help you get this sorted. Who is your email provider? Hotmail is a non-starter. If you don't have an email address setup. Get one through Yahoo or GMX.NET

for yahoo it should be.

Email Address
YahooId@yahoo.com or @yahoo.LOCALCOUNTRYCODE
Outgoing Server
smtp.mail.yahoo.com or smtp.mail.yahoo.LOCALCOUNTRYCODE

Incoming Server
pop.mail.yahoo.com or pop.mail.yahoo.LOCALCOUNTRYCODE

Account
Just your yahoo account name without @yahoo etc.

Password
Pretty obvious

Server type
POP3 NOT IMAP !!!!! One option you can't change later!!!!

Leave all other fields as their defaults IE no Security options set.

Be carefull with Yahoo as these days you have to Activate your email after setting up your Yahoo account.

Being Austrian, you speak German perhaps you should get an account with GMX.NET - Altough I don't speak German, GMX offer a great free email service.

If you set yourself up an account on GMX - here is how to set GMX up on your 7650.

Email Address
Username@gmx.net

Outgoing Server
mail.gmx.net

Incoming Server
pop.gmx.net

Account
The Customer Account NUMBER that GMX give at the time of registration. Very important as you can't use your userID - it must be the account no.

Password
Pretty obvious

Server type
POP3 NOT IMAP !!!!! One option you can't change later!!!!

Leave all other fields as their defaults IE no Security options set.

ALWAYS set the phone with these 2 providers to send the email at time of connection - NOT Immdiately otherwise you will get errors when sending.

Don't be logged into Yahoo or GMX on your PC and attempt to connect on your phone and vice versa. Otherwise the phone will prompt you for a user ID and password causing confusion.

As you can see, the server settings are different from Email provider to Email provider. If you decide not to use any of the above providers you need to check for a FAQ with their settings on their site.

On your network you need to be carefull! If you are going to connect by WAP, that should not be a problem, just put the access point through.

On GPRS, some providers block email on their WAP access point. They do this to stop email Viruses bringing down their GPRS WAP service. If your Telco blocks the emails don't worry, they should be able to provide you with a GPRS access point that allows email.

Good luck.

PS AFTER I type this, I've realised Freddie comes from Austria. Sorry Yahoo it is then, if you don't have an account and ain't from a country that speaks German!!! ops: