All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-11-2004, 07:01 PM
guest333

ngage QD emails

i got few settings from my opreator in israel the thing is i can read e-mail and not send them i sent my self settings from the nokia site
we do not have the QD in israel i bought it in holland is there any other phone that
supoort this kind of e-mailing the 6600 or the 6230 they sent me desttings for the MMs than i was meneged to send MMS
Ads

Old 08-11-2004, 08:28 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Make sure that the outgoing SMTP server you have configured in your mailbox settings is your cellular operator's SMTP server.

If you can receive and not send, this is typicall the reason (because, in order to precent/reduce SPAM, operators do not generally wish to pass through SMTP traffic except through their SMTP servers and from machines with TCP/IP addresses assigned by them).

So, look on your local operator's web page or call their customer service for what their SMTP server for mobile phone use is, and make sure you have it defined in the settings.