All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-11-2003, 09:10 AM

Shadow12 is on a distinguished road
win98

I have been unable to get it to work in win98 has anyone else managed it. Using ActivePerl VC++6 and SDK. Got it working on win2000. On win98 execute abld build wins udeb and it gets stuck.
Thanks

Old 26-02-2004, 08:22 AM

tomereg is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Hi all
please help me , what can I do to solve this problem ?
"
LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/WARN:3'; ignored
EEXE.LIB(UP_EXE.obj) : warning LNK4210: .CRT section exists; there may be unhand
led static initializers or terminators
LINK : fatal error LNK2023: bad dll or entry point 'msobj10.dll'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x7e7'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\b
in\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
nmake -nologo -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SE RIES60\EPOC
32EX\BASICS\HELLOWORLD\WINS.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
"
thanks in advance , Tomer

Old 10-03-2004, 09:48 AM

crilin80 is on a distinguished road
Hi guys,
i read the miniguide "getting started", but, in this point, i got an error (i have vc6 installed):

Next run 'makmake HelloWorld vc6' (The documentation suggests to use abld, but I found this easier).

the error:

"perl" non č riconosciuto come comando interno o esterno,
Is Perl, version 5.003_07 or later, installed?

I read also this in the miniguide:

This install will also install a Java Runtime environment (1.3 I Think). It will also install ActivePerl for running some compile scripts etc. It will also install a so called 'emulator' for the N7650. (When installing choose to modify your path settings, saves a lot of trouble)

But it seems that are no ActivePerl installed...
Please Help! :(

Thanks... Sorry for my english

Old 10-03-2004, 03:00 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
If ActivePerl is not installed, install it: http://www.activestate.com/

Old 06-04-2004, 04:56 PM

TOOL is on a distinguished road
hi all

i downloaded the wins version of UIQ 2.1 SDK.
i do not use ani IDE, so i do everything from the command line, writing in c++ with a common text editor. i have to do this way.

i got problem in building projects. i did not have any trouble using the codewarrior version sdk together with the cw compiler, as long as the trial was working.. but you know how thing goes, it's expired now.

after "bldmake bldfiles", i enter "abld build wins udeb" but i got different error messages depending on the project i build.
usually it's something about actions that nmake was not able to do, or "bscmake.exe is missing" and other things.
like this posted above:
Quote:
LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/WARN:3'; ignored
EEXE.LIB(UP_EXE.obj) : warning LNK4210: .CRT section exists; there may be unhand
led static initializers or terminators
LINK : fatal error LNK2023: bad dll or entry point 'msobj10.dll'
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link.exe' : return code '0x7e7'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\b
in\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
nmake -nologo -f "\Symbian\6.1\Series60\EPOC32\BUILD\SYMBIAN\6.1\SE RIES60\EPOC
32EX\BASICS\HELLOWORLD\WINS.make" FINAL CFG=UDEB VERBOSE=-s
i got ms .net framework and sdk installed, together with borland's support for microsoft sdk, wich supplies some former missing files.
however i did'nt resolve my problems.

please help me... i can't just compile projects

Last edited by TOOL; 06-04-2004 at 04:58 PM.

Old 08-04-2004, 11:04 AM

msadani is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

HELP!!!!

I've just got the book 'Symbian C++ for Mobile Phones' by Richard Harrison and downloaded it's source code from the net. I have installed VC++6 and CodeWarrior and the Nokia SDK 2.0 but can't seem to make the SIS file for the battleships game even though i have the pkg file.

Main problems that i'm facing is that IMPORT_C in e32std.h is giving me an error. Also, my perl version is giving lots of problems so that i can't even nmake the game.

stat(D:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\Epoc32\battleshi ps/C:\Perl\bin): No such file
or directory at C:\Perl\lib/FindBin.pm line 106.
stat(D:\Symbian\7.0s\Series60_v20\Epoc32\battleshi ps/C:\Perl\bin): No such file
Perl 5.00503 required--this is only version 5.00307, stopped at C:\Perl\bin/bldm
ake.pl line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Perl\bin/bldmake.pl line 24.

Please please could someone help me??? I have a seminar due in 2 days where I have to show the possibilities of mobile gaming. Feel free to contact me on ms133@hotmail.com (chat) or msadani@rediffmail.com.

Desperately needing assistance,

Mohit

Last edited by msadani; 08-04-2004 at 11:51 AM.

Old 08-04-2004, 03:57 PM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Start by downloading a newer Perl release: Go to http://www.activestate.com/ for that.

Old 09-04-2004, 09:13 AM

aljaz24 is on a distinguished road
Problems in Getting Started!!

Hey,

It says right there in the message:
"Perl 5.00503 required--this is only version 5.00307 stopped at C:\Perl\bin/bldmake.pl line 19."
You need to get a newer version of perl then it should work.

Regards, Aljaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by msadani
HELP!!!!

I've just got the book 'Symbian C++ for Mobile Phones' by Richard Harrison and downloaded it's source code from the net. I have installed VC++6 and CodeWarrior and the Nokia SDK 2.0 but can't seem to make the SIS file for the battleships game even though i have the pkg file.

Main problems that i'm facing is that IMPORT_C in e32std.h is giving me an error. Also, my perl version is giving lots of problems so that i can't even nmake the game.

Perl 5.00503 required--this is only version 5.00307, stopped at C:\Perl\bin/bldm
ake.pl line 19.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\Perl\bin/bldmake.pl line 24.

Please please could someone help me??? I have a seminar due in 2 days where I have to show the possibilities of mobile gaming. Feel free to contact me on ms133@hotmail.com (chat) or msadani@rediffmail.com.

Desperately needing assistance,

Mohit

Old 09-04-2004, 12:49 PM

msadani is on a distinguished road
got the perl to work after a lot of reinstalling and changing environment variables.... now, however, i'm getting missing header files... any idea where i can find these???

gsmumsg.h
gsmuset.h
smsuaddr.h
quartzkeys.h

thxn in advance..

Mohit

Old 16-04-2004, 12:01 PM

Kari is on a distinguished road
bldmake gives ´EPOCROOT must be capitalised´ error

I hope this is right place to ask this:

Hi, I´m new at Symbian and just started working on XP. The environment is Symbian 7.0s for Series 60 v2.0 and VC++ in Visual Studio 6.0. I´m getting 'EPOCROOT variable must be capitalised' error message when I try to bldmake bldfiles. I had bldmake etc. working before and was able to get HelloWorld nicely shown on emulator, but this has changed. Ok, I must have done something, but what? And furthermore I didn´t even have any EPOCROOT variable before when all seemed fine as I only added it after getting the error message: EPOCROOT does not exist. At the same time I lost the ability to build and execute the project in VC++ 6.0, but that I fixed by setting the environment to Series 60 by Environmentswitch. Unfortunately that didn't fix the original bldmake problem. Ideas?

Old 23-04-2004, 03:47 AM

vamsi is on a distinguished road
Help required to run Helloworld in Nokia 6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami_Hiroshima
Hi all,

I too recently tried going through the motions of creating the HelloWorld SIS file, everything worked (i.e. installation / creating the system files etc) but for some reason the HelloWorld icon didn't appear, so I couldn't run it from the phone.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tsu
Hi Tsu,
I am vamsi, new to this symbian world.

I am also facing the same problem which you specified of not able to running the helloworld application in my mobile. My mobile is Nokia 6600 and SDK is Series60_v20. Could you tell me the solution for the problem.

Thanks & Regards
Vamsi

Old 29-04-2004, 09:58 AM

Kari is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari
I hope this is right place to ask this:

Hi, I´m new at Symbian and just started working on XP. The environment is Symbian 7.0s for Series 60 v2.0 and VC++ in Visual Studio 6.0. I´m getting 'EPOCROOT variable must be capitalised' error message when I try to bldmake bldfiles. I had bldmake etc. working before and was able to get HelloWorld nicely shown on emulator, but this has changed. Ok, I must have done something, but what? And furthermore I didn´t even have any EPOCROOT variable before when all seemed fine as I only added it after getting the error message: EPOCROOT does not exist. At the same time I lost the ability to build and execute the project in VC++ 6.0, but that I fixed by setting the environment to Series 60 by Environmentswitch. Unfortunately that didn't fix the original bldmake problem. Ideas?

I have it working now.
Ads

Old 20-05-2004, 12:10 AM
CrystalLava

Question Error using 'bldmake'

Yes, another newbie to Symbian.

I'm attempting to do a project from a forum.Nokia pdf file for the Nokia 9200 Communicator Series. It's a simple HelloWorld thing but I am unable to get it to work. I can't even begin hardly! When I type 'bldmake bldfiles', I get this error message:

-------
stat<C:\Symbian\6.0\Nokia\Epoc32Ex\CrystalUI\Hello world/C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools : No such file or directory at C:\Perl\lib/FindBin.pm line 106.
stat<C:\Symbian\6.0\Nokia\Epoc32Ex\CrystalUI\Hello world/C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools : No such file or directory at C:\Perl\lib/FindBin.pm line 106.
Empty complile time value given to uselib at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools/bldmake.pl line 2
Can't locate tlaunch.pm in @INC at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools/bldmake.pl line 3.
BEGIN failed -- compilation aborted at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symbian\Tools/bldmake.pl line 3.
-------

Anyone have ideas?

Old 20-05-2004, 12:13 AM
CrystalLava

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalLava
Yes, another newbie to Symbian.

I'm attempting to do a project from a forum.Nokia pdf file for the Nokia 9200 Communicator Series. It's a simple HelloWorld thing but I am unable to get it to work. I can't even begin hardly! When I type 'bldmake bldfiles', I get this error mess.....
Terribly sorry! I forgot to mention that I am using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, if that makes a difference.

Old 27-05-2004, 10:07 PM
davey

Unhappy Help?

I am attempting to compile a modified "HelloWorld." (In other words, I attempted to change the GUI around a little bit and change identifiers so that it would be relevant to my program.)

I've finally got it to mostly compile except for these errors with 'abld build wins udeb' which I don't understand and have had no luck with researching:

edll.pdb not found (I believe I read that this was not normally important except for debugging purposes? I hope so, because I don't have it in the SDK!)

"WARNING: Second UID is 0x00000002 but
expected value for Target Type APP is " (It just cuts off. I am using made up UIDs for now before I test the program on an actual device. The range for such testing, I read, is 0x00000001 - 0x0FFFFFFF. As far as I know, my UID is fine!)

Emulater shoes icon in "Extras" on the Emulater. However, when I try to open the program, I get a dialog box looking about like this:

-----------
| Note
|----------
| Not
| Found
-----------

Any ideas on the problems? I could really use some help!

My Specs:

Compiler: Visual C++ 6.0
SDK: Symbian v6.0, Nokia 9200 series