All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-12-2006, 04:01 AM

alystar is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Nokia 6260 wont boot

Hi All,

I've had this Nokia 6260 for over a year now and today it will not boot beyond the Nokia text. Usually it continues along to the "holding hands" graphic, but now it just retries, displaying Nokia text over and over and then shuts off.

I did get it working for a bit earlier today, but it wouldn't access anything but the phone (not the contact manager or anything else - dial out only). Now it won't do anything at all. So this means that anything not saved on my sim card is unavailable to me- which is essentially everything.

I need any ideas you might have for a quick fix (it's grey market - not available in US so I have no place to seek assistance or replacement). The guy at Comp USA mentioned it might be a firmware issue, but the CD ROM that comes with the phone is all marketing and no real technical value.

I went out and bought a new phone, but I like this one enought to try to save it and return the new. And of course, I'd like to save my contacts off the Nokia!

HELP. Please!!

ps. the only things I can think that may have gone wrong is that I walked away with the phone from the plugged in charger while it was charging - the charger hole is a bit loose now. And I set a magnet near it accidentally yesterday, but it seemed to work fine the whole rest of the day. And I doubt either of those would do this.

Thanks!!

Aly in Portland OR.
Ads

Old 14-12-2006, 06:18 PM

RayRay42 is on a distinguished road
you should have your info saved on the MMC memory chip if not on your sim card.....i save my info on both ......but you can buy a mmc memory card reader for like 10.00........try changing the battery.....some people sell those phones with invalid batteries you can check if its valid or not on nokia's website.....so try that