All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 19-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

Talking Alarm issues solved

I have resolved the issue of the alarms not snoozing/stopping.

What you need to do now is swipe the screen rather than press the button.

You need to swipe it in the direction of the arrow:

Snooze = Right to Left

Stop = Left to Right

Of course if you want to snooze the alarm you can also press the red button.

Old 19-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, join the "rush". That will be in the imaginary world.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/01...xus_one_sales/

Android is turning out to be underwhelming.
Amen.

I think, Android OS is so overly advertised I am afraid everybody will take it seriously. Look at iPhone mentality.

Old 21-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Gave up on the 5800

I bought the N900, my 5800 was in repair and I had seen this coming out. I don't really want to go back to the 5800 now. The N900 is way faster and the touch is so much more sensitive. I haven't yet been able to update the 5800 which is pretty damn annoying seeing as I had the phone sent across a country to update it. If this damn update ever comes out for my phone it will have to be pretty insane to make me stop using the N900.

Old 22-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Wow This a business model and strategy decision. I happen to know a hardware making company named Apple that has THE SAME os version on each computer (from cheap Mac Mini up to the most expensive Mac Pro) and on each phone and seems to make some money (last time I checked has >30 billion USD in cash).
Are you serious with the Apple example??? Last I checked the boatload of their profit didn't come from PC sales. And for their phones, you have to buy the new version of phone and in the case of the iPod Touch, you pay for firmware upgrade!!! You really believed their profit was BECAUSE they put the same OS in their product??? Consider yourself well-served that Nokia releases new firmwares with added features for free. Spoiled clueless!

Old 22-01-2010, 02:33 PM

staunch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I bought the N900, my 5800 was in repair and I had seen this coming out. I don't really want to go back to the 5800 now. The N900 is way faster and the touch is so much more sensitive. I haven't yet been able to update the 5800 which is pretty damn annoying seeing as I had the phone sent across a country to update it. If this damn update ever comes out for my phone it will have to be pretty insane to make me stop using the N900.
Must admit I have been lucky enough to try the N900 yet, but I will confirm that the v40 update is the best, by far, update that the 5800 has received to date. It actually does everything smoother, faster and more logical than ever before

Old 29-01-2010, 10:58 AM
hassansonic

Angry nokia 5800 firmware

hi everyone i have just updated my nokia 5800 now im facing a problem when ever i listen to the songs it get stuck always have to restart the phone what should i do know any suggestion please

Old 29-01-2010, 11:02 AM
hassansonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by staunch View Post
Must admit I have been lucky enough to try the N900 yet, but I will confirm that the v40 update is the best, by far, update that the 5800 has received to date. It actually does everything smoother, faster and more logical than ever before
hi i just updated my phone everything is working other than the songs when ever i listen it often get stuck gotta restart every time do you have any idea please let me know .

Old 31-01-2010, 08:27 AM
hassansonic

Question new firmware

hi i have updated my phone everything is working but there is a small problem while listening to the music it get stuck have to restart again and again
any suggestions please

Old 31-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

After the updating My Nokia 5800 have same problem

Hi guys.....i have same problem wid my brand new nokia 5800 which is purchase last month......the problem for my device is......my device working very well before i update my firmware v31.0 to v40.0 after the update my device working not well...my touch not working and its hang regularly.......plz tell me how can i fix that...........if anyone help plz reply on my id ....gd_singh1@yahoo.co.in

Old 02-02-2010, 02:20 AM
NokUserFromOz

Updated to v40

I doubt this is of value, but...

Purchased my 5800 XM only a couple of weeks ago, so a very 'clean' platform to start with. Came with firmware v31.0.101, which I've just updated to 40.0.005... no troubles encountered during the process (Nokia Software Updater v1.8.10en, via PC Suite, which advised me an update was available).

Home screen theme (Shortcuts) retained, so the day's calendar events are visible. Kinetic scrolling evident (not much of a feature for me, though). Not yet transferred any mp3s to the Microcard for play-back (doing so on my old 6280 would frequently cause a reset). Can't get GPS in this building, so difficult to test that at the moment.
Ads

Old 02-02-2010, 09:23 PM
NokUserFromOz

Update to 'Updated to v40'

Re. "Can't get GPS in this building, so difficult to test that at the moment." and "Not yet transferred any mp3s to the Microcard for play-back".

Both of these passed muster last night... first GPS lock took around 5 minutes, perhaps not surprising after a firmware change.

The only side-effect I have seen is on Meeting-type calendar entries in one-day view; they span two rows, with the top row being the meeting label, and bottom row containing a time (HH:MM) that has no meaning to me. ToDo and Memo calendar entries displayed as expected.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:26 AM
jimbo68

5800 RM356 mod 0591106

I am still waiting H3G with above code to be release by nokia/three. It is so frustrating other codes have been released! 2 things i want is of course the new functionallity of V40 and the new Ovi Maps free navigation. Cannot get this untiul the firmwaqre is upgraded. So AAS could you help me to let me know when this firmware is released? I really do not want to hack phone as it is under warranty!1

thanks
jimbo

Old 04-04-2010, 10:30 AM

legacyx is on a distinguished road
Update to V40

Updated to version 4 on my 5800XM a while back. Since then, no GPS lock, intermittent browser issues, etc. It also seems the new firmware has got issues with Opera 10 beta; can't get it to run.

It's more than a bit irresponsible of Nokia to release a firmware revision without proper testing. I've had the phone for going on 4 months now and my experience has been less than satisfactory. Maybe my ipod touch had me believing all touchscreen OSes are created equal.

By the way has anyone tried comparing the 5800XM user experience to that on a relatively cheap Samsung Corby? You will be surprised.

Please don't buy this phone. I can't get over the feeling of being robbed by Nokia.

Old 23-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

plzzz help !!

am from india nd i owna 5800. i had just updated by firmware 2 v40.

Everything is updated .. frm kinetic scrollin to many new features but the homescreen still is of old 1.. i.e on top

New firmware have homescreen on bottom !!!