All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 31-05-2004, 06:37 AM
Ota

I'm using the latest Picodrive on Ngage, and yeah, Sonic does seem to be running at 30fps, but uses frameskip, so it doesn't seem so fluent. It is quite visible if you try Sonic and Knuckles, it is very "unfluent". Some games, like Earthworm Jim2 or Flashback runs at full speed without frameskip tho.
Though if this is only so slow for me, there might be some problems with my Gage... maybe I should try reformatting the phone? What was the code to do that?

Old 31-05-2004, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Raven is on a distinguished road
*#7370#
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -Emerson

Old 04-09-2004, 11:38 PM
padonak

isn't 0.14.0 version of PicoDrive for s60 the latest?

Old 05-09-2004, 03:41 PM

Cbswe is on a distinguished road
It really not imposseble to run a snes emulator on a s60-phone, I can eaven go so far that I tell you all that itīs posseble to run Quake on a s60 phone, itīs all about optimizing and improvements of the operating system.

Old 12-09-2004, 12:08 PM

8bit is on a distinguished road
Emulating an older console isn't automatically easier because of the console's low specs. As in the case of the Atari VCS (2600) the game writers used various tricks to overcome the console's limited RAM and that introduces complications for emulation.

Old 12-09-2004, 05:32 PM
Rosie

Talking

I think emu of the old hand helds such as the game gear and atari lynx would be excellent. It would overcome the probs. with the small screen, esp. for role playing games. Also imagine lemmings and pacland - class.

Granted lemmings works on picodrive, but the screen is too small. (Not that it's a big complaint - picodrive is amazing, I am totally in awe!!!)

There are so many great games to play, I bow down to the peeps that did yewnes and picodrive

Old 12-09-2004, 10:50 PM

Epsilonzero is on a distinguished road
there is an emulator

the emulator is called "goboy" http://www.wildpalm.co.uk/GoBoy7650.html and yes it does work, I have read some posts by admin on this site who think that downloading free/cracked versions of games is imoral, and unfair to the "hard working" games makers.

Sorry but erm these people have ripped off other peoples games, none of these "new games" are new, they have ripped off other peoples code, programming, and ideas, so they deserve no loyalty. a free version of tetris is available as is doom, the tetris version is called "tris" use google and type it in you will find it. doom is quite easy to find, and it is in a sis format. the rest are there to find, just use google as i'm sure any links will be deleted if i put em in.

Old 18-09-2004, 04:20 PM
jamhes

Talking ei guyz dont fight

It's possible... my friend have a snes emulator.... and it sure works damn good... i'll post it here someday...

Old 19-09-2004, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamhes
It's possible... my friend have a snes emulator.... and it sure works damn good... i'll post it here someday...
I got one too.It works like a charm on my Dual Athlon MP 1800+

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 09-10-2004, 09:48 AM

sanctusmortis is on a distinguished road
I've got KAWAKS (neo geo), Gens (megadrive), ZSNES9x (SNES) and Virtualboy (GBA) all on this PC. MAME takes too long to set up.

Trust me, Quake is possible. If the old SPV (the original, not any update of it) can run it with sound at 20fps, anything 100mhz+ can run it 30fps. I hear that people who installed it on the 200mhz P500 or 400mhx C1000 found it ran better than on a PC of the same stat. It is, as has already been said, all about how optimised for the device it is.

I'd love to see a GBA emu, just to play Advance Wars and FFTA on it. I am, however, VERY happy with the PicoDrive being available. Shining Force is an acceptable substitute for now.

Old 30-10-2004, 11:11 AM
just me

Talking nokia s60 phones have 32-bit RISC CPU based on ARM-9 series

Phones have enough power to emulate snes and are able to create high 3d-graphics. Why r some people saying that it is not possible, wake up and look at the hard facts also gba emulation is possible... if u would compare a nokias 104MHz prosessor to a computer I would say that it has about 300MHz compared to computers processing capacity. =)

Old 31-10-2004, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

GhostDog will become famous soon enough
I didn't say it wasn't possible.I only replied to the comment that there is one ATM,which is not true.

Please don't PM me with something that belongs in the forums.Search first,then ask.

Old 13-11-2004, 10:33 AM
just me

Talking ur sonic on n-gage is glitching because...

Well I myself have nokia 6260, both n-gage and sega games like sonic and knuckles run pretty damm fine on my phone I would say they r running better than perfect
now to the point... my friend has n-gage qd and for example the sonic I mentioned glitches on his phone... I have come to the conclusion that my phone is superior ehehehhehehe... well ok it's a fine phone.... N-gage is good for ga"y"ming 'cos it has nice little buttons but just u wait that I get my hands on the bluetooth keyboard for my phone and then it will be just peeeeeeeeerrrrrferct for gaming
I excuse my behaviour.... =) sorry I have a bit of a major hangover.... oooooh what the h*ll did I do yesterday.
Have a nice day all of yaaaaaaaa! Peas out !!!
Ads

Old 18-01-2005, 04:54 PM

fannypad is on a distinguished road
If you think Picodrive works well on the older Series 60 devices, wait till you try it on the Nokia 6630 with its 220MHz CPU.

Fluid isn't the word

And I would pay good money for a S60 version of Quake. If the original SPV has enough CPU power, then I am sure the 6630 also does.

Old 19-01-2005, 03:28 PM

Cbswe is on a distinguished road
6630 doesnīt have a 220MHz processor, it runs at 123MHz