All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-09-2008, 07:11 PM

chucky.egg is on a distinguished road
NOOB Qs: Active Idle, Loudspeaker

OK, apologies if these have been covered - I have looked and not found anything relevant.

I've just got an E71 after many years away from Symbian with Windows Mobile...

Active Idle screen - I want a plugin that will show more than just the next appt in my calendar. Does Active Idle homescreen take 3rd party plug-ins? Is there a calendar one like that?

Loudspeaker - Well, it's a quiet speaker. Is there a setting to adjust the volume somewhere? I'll be getting a proper car kit, but in the mean time it'd be nice to turn this up!

Old 12-09-2008, 08:36 AM

RogerPodacter is on a distinguished road
the active standby screen is very limited on symbian. so i dont think there are any plugins and there is no way to display more calendar entries.

the loudspeaker on the e71 is horrible. my n95 loudspeaker is 4 times louder on phone calls. and i miss it everyday!! even my nokia 6131 has only 1 mono speaker, and it is the same volume as my n95 with 2 speakers. basically nokia is stupid when designing certain things, because they designed the e71 loudspeaker horribly. the speaker is capable of being louder, because playing music is 5 times louder; its plenty loud. and my 6131 has a small single speaker, and its plenty loud during calls too. unfortunately there is no way to adjust this, not even with any hacks or anything. nokia is just really inconsistent and incompetent like that because their design teams dont talk to each other. its like the US government agencies on 9/11. they cant talk to each other and take the good and bad from other models and use them cross models and cross platforms. its enraging and makes them look foolish to be quite honest.
Ads