All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-05-2003, 08:10 PM

Memory Problem

Quote:
"Geopod requires 2.4 MB of available storage memory to be installed. After installation Geopod takes 1.3 MB of storage space. To check how much storage memory you have free on your 7650, go to 'Menu' / 'Tools' and then select 'Manager'. In 'Manager', go right to the 'Memory' tab. Then scroll down to see how much 'Free memory' you have left on your device. If you don't have enough, you will need to remove other applications and/or data from your device until you have enough free memory. It is also generally a good idea to boot your device before you proceed with the installation of the game."
I got 12 mb free on my memory card (16 mb) and 844 kB left on the phone memory. Around 200 kB of these are for software and sounds but still the phone uses 3,249 mB of the memory.

Why is it like that? Perhaps the most important is to how to free more phone memory so I can install Geopod...
Ads

Old 02-05-2003, 09:13 PM

Appman says I use 728 K memory for running apps and that I have left 3.3 MB memory

Why Cannot I Install GeoPod?

Old 03-05-2003, 02:31 PM

My recommendation for you guys is to format and hard reset and then install the memory demanding softwares like Opera and Geopod in the beginning and than other apps less requiring....
then it works...