All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-09-2007, 11:32 AM

dhanesh is on a distinguished road
GPS and call question

hello folks, seems like i keep shifting sub forums every 6 mths :P

Newayz i bought a N95 just a week ago and still playing with it, but had 2 questions for start:

1) When i use the maps application with gps, it works fine, i can see the movement etc. but say i am holding the phone in front of me in the default standby position, the point seems to keep moving down, or left or right .. isnt there a way where the point just keeps moving upwards, like i am actually travelling. that means the map has to move with my turn and movement on the road, but the position cursor should keep moving in upwards direction, its weird when i have to take my phone off the holder while driving and turn it around and stuff to get the road right or is there any other map software that does this ?

2) secondly, after i hangup on a call, my provider sends a service message or dont know what else i can call it. Its surely not an sms. but it shows me my credit balance. how do i turn it off, its really annoying after every call to get that.

Thanks in advance .

Old 11-09-2007, 01:39 PM

waxup is on a distinguished road
In response to your question regarding GPS, I have not yet come across a function that will do this for you. Sorry :(

Furthermore, about your issue with the call summary, try navigating to "settings> phone> call> summary after call" and turn it to off?

If that does not help, try going to your service providers website and see if you can deactivate the notification through account settings.

Good Luck.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:12 PM

gerrit is on a distinguished road
As I understand (not payed so DONT KNOW) if you pay your money the Maps Program will do what you want. For those cheap skates amongst us its tough luck...

As for the other one I guess its a service provider thing...

Old 12-09-2007, 06:39 AM

dez_borders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanesh View Post
2) secondly, after i hangup on a call, my provider sends a service message or dont know what else i can call it. Its surely not an sms. but it shows me my credit balance. how do i turn it off, its really annoying after every call to get that.
Are you on PAYG? (O2?) Phone your network and ask them how to disable the Balance Notifications.