All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 18-12-2007, 04:43 PM

readbmr is on a distinguished road
Anybody no of new software like litesabre?

Hi, does anybody no of any software like the lite sabre? basically is there any software/programmes out that will enable the slider to make a noise when opening and closing the slider?
My mrs samsung does it and i quite like it, diferent i no , so if anybody knows of anything like this please let me no...

Thankyou

Old 18-12-2007, 04:49 PM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
It's a good point actually. I was disappointed (a bit) that there isn't built in support of that but as light saber has shown, it can be done so a little customisable third party app would be great.

Old 18-12-2007, 05:11 PM

readbmr is on a distinguished road
yes i agree

Hi and yes im glad somebody agrees with me, there must be somebody out there who can make this, perhaps the guy that created lite sabre !! i would even donate for him,

Guess we will just have to wait for sumthing like that.

Thankyou for replying

Brian
Ads

Old 19-12-2007, 03:14 AM

gerrit is on a distinguished road
I know where you are I cam from D500 and it was reasure to "hear" the slide open......

Old 19-12-2007, 03:34 AM

dchky is on a distinguished road
The phones that have this feature use a sensor on the slide itself, this is what triggers the sound. The accelerometer would not work in this role, partly because it's located in the lower half of the phone, but mostly because the physics of opening the slide are so varied that the sensor could never know if the human was just swinging the phone around or actually opening the slide.

An application could fairly easily be coded to play a custom sound on opening or closing, though it would not use the accelerometer to do it.

Old 19-12-2007, 08:27 AM

davecozens is on a distinguished road
Talking

But I have to say it would drive me mental.

First thing I do with a phone is turn off all the beeps, bloops and bips. I had a samsung d500 a while back and the slide noise is on the list of noises to turn off.

I want a noise for a call, a noise for a text and a noise for "help, my battery is about to run out". Anything else is fluff IMHO.

I know i slid my phone open, i don't need it to make a noise so I'm certain that I did.

*sigh*

/rant

Old 19-12-2007, 09:11 AM

3Shirts is on a distinguished road
Thanks Dave
If it was an option though what is the harm? I know the accelerometer wouldn't do this, I assume the OP just drew the similarity with light saber as that has a slide noise.