All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-02-2008, 10:09 PM

racecoursepete is on a distinguished road
Unhappy garmin mobile xt speed settings

is there a way to change the settings because the other day i was driving along and it wouldnt shut up saying its a 25mph zone but it was a 40??? i know you can turn the alerts off but thats not what i want. please help. been all over the garmin site, emailed them and still nothing.
Ads

Old 27-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Ive had that problem, and Im not quite sure what it is.

Old 28-02-2008, 01:25 AM

dchky is on a distinguished road
There is no way to correct this within Mobile XT itself, the best solution would be to contact Garmin (or whoever built the POI or map file) and discuss it with them. The alternate is that you just edit the file yourself using MapEdit or similar and up the limit to whatever it should be.

I do this quite often for where I live, the road workers and police are forever changing traffic flow. Fortunately we have no (enforced) speed limits in this country so this particular issue is not a major problem for me :-) Speed limits are still nice to know though.

Last edited by dchky; 28-02-2008 at 01:29 AM.

Old 28-02-2008, 05:21 PM

gerrit is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchky View Post
There is no way to correct this within Mobile XT itself, the best solution would be to contact Garmin (or whoever built the POI or map file) and discuss it with them. The alternate is that you just edit the file yourself using MapEdit or similar and up the limit to whatever it should be.

I do this quite often for where I live, the road workers and police are forever changing traffic flow. Fortunately we have no (enforced) speed limits in this country so this particular issue is not a major problem for me :-) Speed limits are still nice to know though.

Woopie for once I can give an answer , only cause I had this problem and sent a snoty to the people who I got the POI's from SCBD . Seem cheap and so far so good.... First Class custermer care

You have to make sure you have your POI's entered in MPH not KPH when you up load your POI's in the POI Loader.

Also if you go to manual you can set the range the alarms go of at... Just incase you are slightly absent minded when passing one of the 15, yes 15 speed cameras you pass on the way to work...

Gerrit

Last edited by gerrit; 28-02-2008 at 05:42 PM.

Old 29-02-2008, 02:59 PM

racecoursepete is on a distinguished road
tried poi loader

it doesnt recognize gpi files